Subject: Reboot Clarification (2016) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy L
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
Hello, I hope you all are well. My question is on the portion of the rulebook that pertains to rebooting on page 15. It states:

“Also Note: You can be shot or pushed by an active robot while on a reboot token, but you cannot shoot robots. You also may not use upgrades.”

As robots that are rebooting may considered inactive, I presume that inactive robots may not shoot lasers, nor may they utilize upgrade cards, irregardless of the space they occupy.

The wording “while rebooting” may be preferable to “while on a reboot token,” which seems to confer some status upon the reboot token, whereby a robot on the token may not shoot lasers or utilize upgrade cards, even if they are active, and an inactive robot, if pushed onto another space, functions normally.

What are your thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim V
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is there to say? cool

You're right. the reboot token marks the spot where eeeerrr....robots get a reboot. So they are physically in the room, but are not active and therefor cannot perform any action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.