Subject: Solo Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rusty Perry
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I tried solo mode as my first ever play of this game and I was wondering what some people do regarding a few things. I didn't see anything in the rules about it.

1. What do you do about VS Draw? I was treating it as a regular draw. Should there maybe be a dummy deck?

2. How many cards go in the plotline? I was doing 6.

3. On your first turn, do you still only draw 4 instead of 5?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArcNeo Masato
United States
Pasco
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least in my assumptions, skip the VS draw, since that's a rule specifically for the other players to make things harder for you, and this is more a limited turn thing than anything else, maybe 4 in the plotline since it seems to add 2 for each player, so maybe the same works backwards (or for a challenge, roll a D6 to find out when you start the game?) And it's still the "First turn", so I'd do 4. This is clearly all guess work from what I've seen other games do, so I could be wrong, but it's what makes sense to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Brown
Canada
Qu├ębec
QC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer answered this question in the rules FAQ:

Quote:
During combat in Solo Play, do you use your own deck to check for drama?

A: Yes. During Solo Play, YOU are the player to your left. You draw an VS Draw cards from your own deck, and you may swap one of those cards with a card in your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Perry
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So kind of off topic, in a solo or multiplayer game, do those people who draw those cards not get to keep them? The designer makes it sound like you can only trade a card out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Perry
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
At least in my assumptions, skip the VS draw, since that's a rule specifically for the other players to make things harder for you, and this is more a limited turn thing than anything else, maybe 4 in the plotline since it seems to add 2 for each player, so maybe the same works backwards (or for a challenge, roll a D6 to find out when you start the game?) And it's still the "First turn", so I'd do 4. This is clearly all guess work from what I've seen other games do, so I could be wrong, but it's what makes sense to me.

Thank you for your input. I will definitely try using 4 in the plotline. I like the idea of using the D6 too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Garvens
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
OW!
badge
Suuuuuuuperrrrr!
mbmbmbmbmb
cryosneasel wrote:
So kind of off topic, in a solo or multiplayer game, do those people who draw those cards not get to keep them? The designer makes it sound like you can only trade a card out.

To explain it a little more simply, if the vs draw is two, the player doing the vs draw would draw 2 cards, apply any effects per the rules on the card, then they get to discard 2 cards of their choice. If it's vs 1 you would draw 1, then discard 1 of your choice, if vs 3 you draw 3 then discard 3, etc.

I think the main reason it doesn't say to draw them into your hand initially is because you need to make sure to apply the stated effects to the combat without anybody forgetting what was drawn or thinking you were cheating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.