Subject: Card 33/rule 16 and automa (card 158) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
indy lim

Minneapolis
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Finished game 2 with 2 automas, I unlocked cat minions (whenever you place a cat or an opponent uses your cat's building, gain 1vp).

Tell me if I have this correct:

1. The automa will place a cat (if available) if the automa card tells you to place a worker in the automa's home charter(either it's the card that refers to the home charter or you roll it on the dice)
2.it will place it on an empty building (ignoring occupied buildings) otherwise following the order dictated on the automa card
3. Automa rules state "except where explicitly stated in the rules, the automas never receive resources, coins, or cards, never pay to take actions and never receive benefits from buildings" so the automa would receive 1 victory point if I or the other automa place a worker on the automa's building occupied by the cat, and it would receive a VP for placing the cat.(I'm really uncertain about this)
4. If both the automa's regular workers are being used, the automa's turn would be taking back workers, even if a minion were available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indylim wrote:
Finished game 2 with 2 automas, I unlocked cat minions (whenever you place a cat or an opponent uses your cat's building, gain 1vp).

Tell me if I have this correct:

1. The automa will place a cat (if available) if the automa card tells you to place a worker in the automa's home charter(either it's the card that refers to the home charter or you roll it on the dice)
2.it will place it on an empty building (ignoring occupied buildings) otherwise following the order dictated on the automa card
3. Automa rules state "except where explicitly stated in the rules, the automas never receive resources, coins, or cards, never pay to take actions and never receive benefits from buildings" so the automa would receive 1 victory point if I or the other automa place a worker on the automa's building occupied by the cat, and it would receive a VP for placing the cat.(I'm really uncertain about this)
4. If both the automa's regular workers are being used, the automa's turn would be taking back workers, even if a minion were available.

Card 158 should have included 3 stickers, one for page 1, one for page 3, and one for page 4.

1 - Correct. This is stated by the added rule on page 2.
2 - Correct. Also from rule on page 2.
3 - Partially incorrect. The third minion sticker states:
Quote:
When placed, Automa minions give no benefit. When an opponent places a worker on a building with an automa minion, that automa gains 1vp and nothing else.

So, if you or another automa place a worker on the same building as an automa minion, then that automa gains 1vp. However, the automa does not gain a vp for placing the cat (or any other minion).
4 - Correct. Worker recollection is evaluated before a card is flipped, while minion use is decided after the card is revealed / die rolled.

NB - it's probably worth adding the [spoiler] tag to the thread subject, given the spoilers it contains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.