Julius Waller
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who understand Spanish here is the actual video clip:

An english version of what happened is here.

I know I shouldnt use the word epic unless swords and knights are involved but in this case an exception is justified. In short this is what happens when someone pretends to be a geek, note the groovy beard and the Marvel comics T-shirt. However us real geeks actually wear such T-shirts because we are fans and know something about the cthulhu, Settlers of Catan or comics T-shirt. This so called Marvel fan got the question: 'What is Steve Rogers in the Avengers?' A correct answer would win the guy EURO 100,000 so more than a hundred thousand dollars...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jędrzej Jarocki
Poland
Warszawa
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
Sci-fi theme makes every game better.
badge
Nexus Ops fan
mbmbmbmbmb
Is being a geek trendy now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jos horst
Netherlands
groningen
groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vir3ns wrote:

Yup. But gentrification of geekdom obviously doesn't go down well in all quarters. So it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
He's a "señor" too, isn't he? Or do they take that "I'm not a mister I'm a doctor" thing more seriously in Spanish?

Reminds me of when I was a carpetbagger in Durham, NC. I'm originally from Iowa (yes, Iowa fought for the Union) but we moved south from New York City, yankee HQ.

My twins were small then. When I'd meet their little friends I was introduced to them by their parents as "Mister Justin".

Always eager to put my yankeehood on display, I took every opportunity to find a dig for any "charming" Southern custom* I could, so I would say (to some 6 year old), "Actually that's DOCTOR Justin" (I have a PhD). It never ever got a laugh from either kid or parent so I stopped doing it.

*This particular custom seems to have spread to Iowa now, which irritates me for no good reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
I was a nerd when being a nerd was uncool. Now I'm a dad, so apparently, I get to miss every stage of being hip.

Typical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the manatee
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All the guy had to do was to look down at his own shirt for the answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Count
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
That was the best gameshow clip ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Waller
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vir3ns wrote:

You missed it already - being a geek was cool like 10 years ago - now we are not cool again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.