Subject: PC Resolution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Gibson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm sure this has already been asked but I couldn't find a thread.

If I resovle a PC and it places a unit on another card with a PC marker that is still to be resolved, does that unresolved PC marker remain on the card, and if so is it only resoved when a US unit enters that card - regardless of whether the first unit is still on the the card or not?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ADDA Marc
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
oskacat wrote:
does that unresolved PC marker remain on the card

Yes
Quote:
is it only resoved when a US unit enters that card

Yes
Quote:
regardless of whether the first unit is still on the the card or not?

Yes

Marc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holman
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One way to visualize this is that a PC very seldom represents a unit on the card that contains it.

The PC resolves what happens when you enter the card, usually meaning that someone on another card can now spot you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Gallego
Spain
Sarriguren
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulWRoberts wrote:
One way to visualize this is that a PC very seldom represents a unit on the card that contains it.

The PC resolves what happens when you enter the card, usually meaning that someone on another card can now spot you.

Sometimes. If you use that interpretation you could easily forget to remove PC from where enemy fire pass through, so it's not 100% right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edgar Gallego wrote:
PaulWRoberts wrote:

Sometimes. If you use that interpretation you could easily forget to remove PC from where enemy fire pass through, so it's not 100% right.

More accurately it represents the impact of the unit entering the terrain, the unit is alerted to the enemy only (Enemy placed with No VoF), Only the enemy is alerted (No Spot), both alerted (VoFs and spotted), you have triggered incoming (spotted by FO etc) or you have entered a minefield.

PC's along the enemy line of fire represent the possibility of triggering the enemy you spotted so provided the enemy placed a VoF they are redundant and removed.

Its easier to 6him I of it in theme, place yourself in the boots of one of the "men" triggering the PC.

In some cases it may just have been a mistake (PC removed and no enemy).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.