7 Posts

Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire» Forums » General

Subject: casual games and pre-made decks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
carl hotko
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have made 4 reasonable decks for the 4 warbands out so far.

How feasible will it be to keep these decks premade for casual games to save time? How will it affect replayability?

Would it be better to rebuild a deck after every 2 or 3 games, or even every single game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Will play almost everything. Unless i hate it ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
i would say rebuild your decks so you think they are fine. Try them for a few matches and change something you don't like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias König
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got 4 premade decks, too. After the game, when I feel some card didn't work well for the strategy, I go through the unused cards and look for a replacement. For me, that's part of the fun of the game. Plus, I bought an extra set of core set cards (ebay) to have some more basic options for all warbands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested to know how players draft cards when using a single deck.

It's likely both players may want a healing potion for example. Similarly with the hold objevtive cards.

How do you go about distributing the ploy and objevtive cards?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolai
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
Hidden trackable information in games sucks!
badge
I play games for fun and pursuing the goal to win the game is fun! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Decar wrote:
I'm interested to know how players draft cards when using a single deck.

It's likely both players may want a healing potion for example. Similarly with the hold objevtive cards.

For Healing Potion, Hold Objective X and all other neutral cards from the core set it is simple: There are two of each neutral card in the core set.
Which was a good decision from Games Workshop in my opinion. This way you can experience some deckbuilding with just one core set without any need to distribute the available cards (as long as one player plays Liberators and the other Bloodreavers, of course).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick answer thumbsup

That's a great thing GW decided to do that. Mine's under the tree at the moment, hence not being able to check!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo LeBlanc
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chotko wrote:
I have made 4 reasonable decks for the 4 warbands out so far.

How feasible will it be to keep these decks premade for casual games to save time? How will it affect replayability?

Would it be better to rebuild a deck after every 2 or 3 games, or even every single game?

What I did for my play sessions where I most of the time host the full game and all minis/cards is create 4 ready to play decks. (I couldn't resist picking up the according sleeves and dice either )

2 of them want objectives (Skeletons and Uruks), 2 of them are just out for different goals (Sigmar and Khorne)
When people visit my place I give them full disclosure about the main goals of all the factions and a quick overview of the objectives.
Then (because they are usually not playing as much as I am) I give them firstpick and let them hand me another deck.

This procedure has the obvious problem, that it comes down to a slight rock/paper/scissors effect (with the sigmar deck being extremely defensive, etc.).
In addition there are no surprises in the decks for either player - but honestly for a casual level of play it seems to be sufficiently fun so far. (we have about 1 after work gaming session every 2 weeks)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.