Subject: Request clarification on exploration rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure I've seen people draw things like Stairs and Closed Doors from the Exploration deck and put them to one side to deal with at a later point in the same exploration. However, we couldn't find anything in the rules to suggest this was a valid option, instead of just dealing fully with each Exploration card as it is drawn.

Please could someone clarify how this system is supposed to work, and, if possible, explain how you came to that conclusion? (I.e. Rules location?)

Many thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas H
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards like Closed Door, Rubble, Bars,... have a special header, which requires, that you check the location that you're exploring. If this kind of 'obstacle' is not mentioned on the location card (e.g. there are no locked doors), then the card is discarded and you can draw a replacement card from the exploration deck (not the unknown deck).

If the card is mentioned on the location card, then you have two options:

1. You can resolve this card immediately (do what's mentioned on the lower part of the card, which normally requires some kind of tools (like a lockpick)) or

2. You can put the card to the side for now and resolve it later in this scavenging phase (e.g. you don't have a lockpick for the the door or a shovel for the rubble, but you're hoping to find/trade those items, before your time runs out).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Greenaway
United Kingdom
Blackpool
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once you know that there are "other" options on the location cards it makes you more aware of what you should and shouldn't bring with you on a scavenge. Many times I have seen playthroughs which change course based On the events of the location cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.