Popular Tags: [View All]
Fraser
Canada
Cranbrook
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played the Predator and Prey mission last night and had a few issues/questions come up. Some forums suggested that the hovering supplies could move through blocking terrain. This would make the distance to the exit 11 spaces. If this is the case we figured that it would be impossible for the rebels to win as the imperial player can spend 2 threat to move the supplies at least 2 spaces each round. As there was no way to slow down the supplies it would be an impossible win for rebels. We played that the supplies couldn’t move through blocking terrain which made the distance 15 spaces. We thought this would be more even. The rebels ended up winning but it just felt off. Has anyone else had similar issues with this senario?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
"Move by 1 space" uses adjacency and blocking spaces are not adjacent to any other space. Also, corners where any combination of walls, doors, and blocking terrain meet block adjacency.

Tokens that are not representing figures can move through impassable terrain though.

(Healthy hero within 3 spaces prevents an additional move by 1 space.)

Predator and Prey Question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Canada
Cranbrook
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
"Move by 1 space" uses adjacency and blocking spaces are not adjacent to any other space. Also, corners where any combination of walls, doors, and blocking terrain meet block adjacency.

Tokens that are not representing figures can move through impassable terrain though.

(Healthy hero within 3 spaces prevents an additional move by 1 space.)

Predator and Prey Question

Can a token not representing a figure move through blocking terrain? If so the token is only 11 spaces from the exit and there doesn’t seem to be any way for the rebels to win.

A healthy hero within 3 spaces doesn’t prevent an additional movement but if there is not a healthy hero within 3 spaces the imperial player can move the cargo an extra space.

There is no way for the imperial player to move the cargo less than two spaces. 1 automatic movement and spend 2 threat for an additional movement. Then if there is an imperial figure within one space an extra movement and if no healthy Rebel within 3 spaces then another extra movement.

Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Nomad wrote:
Can a token not representing a figure move through blocking terrain? If so the token is only 11 spaces from the exit and there doesn’t seem to be any way for the rebels to win.

A space with blocking terrain is not adjacent and you cannot count spaces to it, so "move 1 space" cannot move the token to that space (unless the token has Mobile or Massive, or is already on a space with blocking terrain, none of which apply to this mission).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Nomad wrote:

As Pasi already said, when moving something 1 space, you can't go through blocking terrain. You move to adjacent spaces.

I just checked the mission in question and it will take 15 moves for the Imperial Player to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Canada
Cranbrook
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification. I was confused because on the forum Pasi linked to, he had made the comment, “You're sort of right. Figures cannot move through corners where any combination of wall, door, blocking or impassible terrain meet, but the cargo is not a figure, so it can move through and into blocking and impassible terrain.” You’re saying that this is incorrect? The cargo cannot move onto blocking terrain making it a distance on 15 spaces to the exit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The final post in the thread is correctly talking about adjacency rules preventing it. I added a note to the post in the middle.

(Tokens can move into and through impassible terrain though.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I'm reading this right, it will take me (the Imperial Player) 11 moves to get the cargo to safety. Is that correct?

Another question came up when I was preparing and going over the rules for this scenario. The second bullet point of the Mission Briefing says to "Increase the number of spaces by 1 if there is an Imperial figure adjacent to the cargo."

So my question is, does it have to be a figure from the Imperial faction or just one of my figures? Could the Trandoshan Hunters be next to the cargo and get that one space bonus? The word "Imperial figure" is throwing me off a bit.

Thanks for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Canada
Cranbrook
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s going to be 15 spaces. The cargo can’t move through the blocking terrain. At 11 spaces there is no possible way for the rebels to win.

Any figure controlled by the Imperial is an imperial figure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RRG, Imperial Figures wrote:
During a campaign, all figures belonging to the Imperial player are Imperial figures. This includes all Deployment cards with an mb or mb icon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonderful! Thanks for the clarification!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To rehash, when a mission rule or ability in the campaign refers to "imperial figure" spelled in full, it can be any figure controlled by the imperial player. If a rule or ability uses the affiliation symbol, it applies only to figures having that affiliation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.