5 Posts

Scythe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Unlocking enlist first time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lala Lala
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When I enlist for the first time and I choose too enlist the same bottomrow action That I enlisted, do I immiditly get the enlist “bottom right”
Or
Do I get this enlist the next time I enlist the bottom row action

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Enlisting action always has combat cards as it unlocked bonus. You don't get the bonus from using that action on the turn you unlock it, rather you get it the next time you or the person to your left or right use the enlist action (so from the end of your turn onwards you are able to get that bonus).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you enlist, you uncover an additional benefit for performing a bottom row action. If you enlist the recruit on the enlist action, you do not immediately get its benefit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Right. Remember that top row actions finish before bottom row actions, so if you earn a recruit from an encounter token, then do the bottom row action, you would get the bonus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Think about it as "at the time that you do the action, look at what is uncovered: that's everthing that you pay/get" - this also applies to things like gathering resources: where if you recruit new workers you only pay what's visible when you execute the action, not what's revealed after you've removed the unlocked workers; upgrading: e.g. on te Engineering board where you can cover up a cost icon after you've paid the more expensive cost, so it will only be cheaper on future turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.