• [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting question and certainly an answer I can see myself flip flopping on over time.

I'd go with all 11 buildings at first just to make sure this new choice is always in there. More buildings sounds great. Bring on building 12-20 please.

Then after a few games, I'd likely switch to randomly discarding one building as that does sound neat. Not having a building 1a/1b for example would definitely change up my play a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, I think I would do something like this:

If you are using "11a" side, use all 11 buildings. With a requirement of 12 builders, you are going to have to build on top of another good building anyway and it will favor someone who goes for a buildings strategy.

If you're using "11b" side, I would remove either 8a or 7b from the game (depending on which sides are up). If both 8a and 7b were in play then I might even make it a per-player choice at game setup time.

Hoping to pick this up when the whole Goodie Box hits the BGG Store and test my theories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of the Goodie Box just arrived, and I've changed my mind. I think I'll just always include building 11.
Especially since the expansion is coming and it comes with building 12.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.