Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Charterstone» Forums » Rules

Subject: SPOILERS, SEVERAL OF THEM : Question about Income and another issue rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dale Lawver
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hello. I checked the FAQ as did my co-players, and we couldn't find this. When I come is triggered, what order do we do things in? By that we mean, if we have building that effects income, and a guest, and/or other things, in what order do we resolve their effects?

At this time we are doing whatever order we want, but that came with a moment where someone used a building to get a guest, then used that guest. Which I feel shouldn't work because he didn't have it when the income triggered.

Next: in the FAQ it says friends trigger off of other things, does his include minions? So a butler or cat placed in your area while having your own friend would cause the bonus effect? And if you had multiple effects happen would each cause the friend to trigger or is it max once per building? (Place butler on a building that gives money, do you get extra from butler and extra from building for $2 extra, or just a total of $1 extra because all one building use)?

Thanks for your time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As no order is given for resolving income benefits, I would say that it is resolved in the order of your choosing (that is how I have played it). Given that, it should be a legal play to gain a guest during the income phase, and then gain the benefit of the guest during that same phase.

Friends trigger of minions as well (they are a source other than the building), but the bonus from the friend would only be gained once per building use. The wording specifies 'coins', and is triggered after the buildings use. Gathering from the FAQ entry, the friend doesn't care about the source of the coins/vp, just that coins/vp were gained when the building was used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Ward
United States
Newport News
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The second part sounds good, but I'm going to disagree with Israel about the income. When income is triggered, any source of income that you have out at that instant will pay out. (There's a rule somewhere that talks about player order or reverse player order, I don't have my cards in front of me, so check that...)

So if you have income that gives you a card, you would get the guest card, but since you didn't have it when income is triggered, it would not pay out for you at that point, and would have to wait for the next income spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify, income does pay out in reverse player order. This order usually only matters for interactive things like advancement cards or reputation, but because there's scarcity in the game (i.e., you can run out of certain tokens), each player in reverse order--starting with the player who triggered income)--should take care of all of their income one at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Ward
United States
Newport News
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jamey! While you're here, what's your ruling on getting a guest card through income, and that guest paying out on the same income round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would only trigger if you had it before income triggered, not in the middle of receiving income.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Lawver
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Thank you all. Much appreciated. Loving this game and making sure we are doing things right is important to us. Now we just need to beat the guy who is 5/7 for wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kosh Naranek
msg tools
mb
Does a friend (that gives +1 Gold) really trigger after using a building with a Butler?

I'm having some doubts since that gold is gained even before costs are paid.

Hopefully Jamey can confirm this as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it triggers. Placing a worker is part of using a building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One more question Jamey. Given this situation:

Player A has zero remaining influence. At the beginning of his turn, the progress token, therefore must move to the next space. That space that she moves it to is an income space.

In that situation. WHEN is income paid out to everyone? Is that income paid to everyone BEFORE Player A places on a building or at the END of Player A's turn AFTER he has placed on a building?

(obviously, income may make it possible for Player A to place on certain buildings that she might not otherwise be able to place her worker on.)

Thanks, Jamey!

Chuck Waterman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Income is paid immediately when income is triggered on the progress track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.