Poland
Katowice
Silesia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
First Martians had their official release a while ago, but we are still working on new, free content for the game and constantly improving the companion app. And since we are few days away from holidays, we thought that this is a perfect occasion to give you all, fans of the Adventures on the Red Planet, a great gift: completely new, completely free scenario – just as we promised!

Epidemic

There is an outbreak in the HUB! Run for your lives! But where? First test indicate, that there is something wrong with the water – a key component for survival on Mars. Your astronauts are lucky though – they are prepare for everything. They have their science and skills. They will go to the lab and perform necessary diagnosis to fight the spreading disease. Epidemic is a Research Scenario. That is a piece of fun and through science, where you fight for your lives!

Download here the Epidemic Scenario PDF here: https://rebrand.ly/Epidemic

App update

Along with the new scenario there comes an app update, to the 1.19 version. It adds new features, such as an option to choose who is the first player. There are also new Adventures from the Research Category! They are thematically appropriate with the new scenario. Those Adventures were created by the BGG forum users and chosen by Ignacy as the best! Congratulations to all winners! Enjoy!

The app on Android and iOS should be updated already or update soon.

You can download the PC version of the app here: https://rebrand.ly/FM-PCapp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miha hančič
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks!
I've watched the video, looks like a tough mission

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I updated the app to the 1.19 version on iOS but I can’t seem to find the epidemic scenario in English

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For some reason it magically appeared lol,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
You can go off and rule the universe from beyond the grave.
badge
Or check into a psycho ward, which ever comes first, huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
xerendil wrote:
There are also new Adventures from the Research Category! They are thematically appropriate with the new scenario. Those Adventures were created by the BGG forum users and chosen by Ignacy as the best! Congratulations to all winners! Enjoy

Can you post the thread that had the winning adventure submissions? I'd be curious to see the potential adventures (and, of course, if one of mine made it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
In the thread wth contest we announced winners weeks ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hellström
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
App update

Along with the new scenario there comes an app update, to the 1.19 version. It adds new features, such as an option to choose who is the first player.

What's the point in choosing first player in the app? What does this option add? The Morale Phase and Malfunction Phase still says "First Player" in the text. Maybe have been better if it displayed the first player's picture instead.

And I still can't see the Epidemic mission in my app! It doesn's come up in the menu. English version. Is it only available in Polish or what? Just to test that, I changed the language to Polish, and the Epidemic mission popped up under Research scenarios menu. As well as two other missions under the Building menu). How come those missions aren't available for me in the English version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm seeing Epidemic in Single Scenario -> Research (English version)

Device: iPad Air 2 with iOS 11.2.1

*Edited to include device*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Fischer
Netherlands
Den Haag
---
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just updated the app as well - Epidemic not showing up under research scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Emer
Italy
Taio
Trento
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
App updated.. no epidemic scenario!surprise
The mission appears by setting the Polish language...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Guys reinstall the app , the missions appears after you reinstall it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Emer
Italy
Taio
Trento
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some bug in this version!
If i disable audio in the action phase, thei Wakes up alone…

Nothing to install in the pc version!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The mission is in the app both in PL and EN version.
You can find the mission under SINGLE MISSIONS / RESEARCH / EPIDEMIC

If you face any problems, please, contact us at portal at portalgames.pl with information about the device you use and our team will help.

I wish you all great time with the mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Where?..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hellström
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What I did was first uninstall the app and then install the new 1.19 version. That didn't help. Then I opened settings in the phone, clicked Apps, First Martians. There I clicked "Force exit" and then "Clear app data" and "Clear cache". And that worked! When I looked in the app afterwards the Epidemic mission was finally there.

I have an Android phone by the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
knuckles
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I'm on apple. I updated the app this morning and checked and it wasn't there on the english version (polish yes but not english) I then just uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it pooped up in English.

Excited to give it a try!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
You can go off and rule the universe from beyond the grave.
badge
Or check into a psycho ward, which ever comes first, huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why I quit being a programmer and went back to writing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Fischer
Netherlands
Den Haag
---
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dgenclass wrote:
Guys reinstall the app , the missions appears after you reinstall it

Thanks for the tip - it does seem that it’s necessary to delete the app and reinstall it again for the scenario to appear. Worked for me on iPad Air 2 with the latest iOS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Fitzgerald
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I finished the Epidemic mission last night and it's already one of my favorite scenarios. I'd rank it right alongside Probe on the Loose at the top of the list.

Thanks for supporting the game with new content. I would like to request that the Removal scenario is brought back soon as I missed out on my chance to play it when my order was shipped late.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jamman39 wrote:
I finished the Epidemic mission last night and it's already one of my favorite scenarios. I'd rank it right alongside Probe on the Loose at the top of the list.

Thanks for supporting the game with new content. I would like to request that the Removal scenario is brought back soon as I missed out on my chance to play it when my order was shipped late.

I agree, i could understand removing the Halloween scenario cause it was a seasonal scenario, but a lot of people missed removal cause of shipping delay or cause ( like me ) they live far away and customs are a pain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Epidemic update totally jacked up the app for me. Re-installation was the cure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian S.
msg tools
Hi there! I like the scenario but I am a bit confused about energy/oxygen production. If I build an Isolation Ward, which I basically have to do, I increase energy and oxygen demand by 1 each per Isolation Ward I build, right? However, it seems I have no chance of enhancing my energy/oxygen production in this scenario? Will I basically have to play the entire scenario with shutdown tiles lying around? Any clarification highly appreciated!! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.