Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Borrows
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very interested in this game but I can't find a note anywhere of what the dimensions are of the three maps when they are placed for the full campaign games. Anybody know exactly what they are?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Phipps
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Biosphere wrote:
I'm very interested in this game but I can't find a note anywhere of what the dimensions are of the three maps when they are placed for the full campaign games. Anybody know exactly what they are?

I am currently in the artwork phase with GMT. I'll get back to you.

Cheers

Geoff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Phipps
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With some clever map rotation we have eliminated useless sea hexes and reduced the footprint to two maps.The map scale is unchanged, 400m per hex. The map re-orientation gives us the budget for the increase in the rules, scenario book, and charts & tables as compared to the initial estimate.

Cheers

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Lloyd
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
World Champs!!....again
badge
Forgot me velcro gloves again...
mbmbmbmbmb
There was an image in the monthly update that showed the layout:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Excellent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed B
msg tools
mbmbmb
I don’t think this question was ever properly answered. When laid out as intended for a full campaign game, how much space do the maps take up in inches (l x w)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
The maps are 34x22, so it looks like the containing rectangle is right around 50x50. You could measure the image to get more exact dimensions (with a little math to do the conversions and scaling).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed B
msg tools
mbmbmb
I don’t care much for math and am not good at it, and I guess I’m just one of those annoying people who expects the company I’m buying the product from to supply basic information like this.

Imagine if a home furnishings company website said, “just extrapolate it.”

I realize GMT isn’t saying this, but they haven’t made it easy, either.

Anyway, rant over - sounds too big for my table, or for many tables.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Well, the full map is only needed for the absolute full campaign, and much of it won't really get in the majority of campaign games.

There are plenty of big scenarios that will have enough meat to keep you entertained and busy: 5 historical advanced scenarios and 2 single-map historical landing scenarios.

Most publishers don't give the full footprint for their multi-map games. I don't see any listings on either the MMP or GMT sites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot McConnachie
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

It's a little bit longer than my sister's dining room table without the insert. The two cards are Army Status Displays which are required for play (they are assumed to be secret; I would consider using a chair or TV trays in this setting). There are a number of counter holding boxes (some are referred to as "sleds"), which are conveniences but are not absolutely necessary if table space is at a premium.

Here is a picture on two 6' x 2.5' folding tables taken at Metro Seattle Gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.