Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mladen Šimić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi to everyone,

yesterday I played frist time it was bit slow but really good and interesting. I have already asked many questions but several more occurred.

1. When card gives you buy for free from shop, can you take companion? I am not sure since companions cannot be bought they are recruited.
2. when you get ability to shop lets say through perk - do you still add new card to shop, or you add it only if you get shop action through encounter? Are there any occasions when you can buy/take items from and you dont add new card to shop?
3. Quest (spoiler) - I dont have cards in front of me, but you ll know what I am talking about; there is quest where you have to lead women to super mutant city (Catherine or something like this) So you have to be in same space as she is and make special action (C1), in order to move her around. Here is my question; can this special action be made if there is active enemy on same space or not? If I understood correctly you can ,since this isnt quest action?
4. pipe wrench - please explain this card (dont have card in front of me). So when I throw dices, I can choose not to apply some of their results or what? If I choose to apply it I lose pipe wrench. This means I can say I will not use this result? I thought you have to take all results that you have thrown?
5. Swift learner perk - when you level up you can take both SPECIAL letters. But if you have this both letters that you gained, do you get two perks? And if you have one letter, and one not, would you take this new letter and also get new perk?
6. Apparel that gives you all companions requirements (some kind of suit) - I dont understand if this suit gives you:
a) opportunity to take any companion when you shop or
b) gives you ability not to lose companion when it is exhausted and you are camping and have to unexhaust them?
c) both
7. what if faction marker progress token is one space from last possible space (final space) and I manage to solve quest that pushes faction marker 2 spaces? Do I push it only one space or what? Do I get points for agendas like it is on last space or one more further?
8.basic question - if I have agenda card that gives me VP if one of factions is ahead how to calculate VPs? Lets say star faction is on starting space (didnt advance at all). And shield faction has moved two times. So if i have faction card that gives me VPs for shield faction progress, I would get 3 VPs? (one basic VP + 2VPs since shield faction advanced 2 time, and star stayed on starting space? Other example - if one faction is ahead only one space, this card is worth 2 VPs?

Many thx in advance, I hope I managed to describe my doubts, if I wasnt clear I will describe more...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
Simicic wrote:
1. When card gives you buy for free from shop, can you take companion? I am not sure since companions cannot be bought they are recruited.

Yes, you can take a companion.

Quote:
2. when you get ability to shop lets say through perk - do you still add new card to shop, or you add it only if you get shop action through encounter? Are there any occasions when you can buy/take items from and you dont add new card to shop?

Any result of an action which tells you to "shop" goes through the whole process - add a card, use your shopping actions. There are many things which allow you to just take an item from the shop - in those cases you don't add an item beforehand. But in all cases, if the shop doesn't have exactly four ietms at the end of any action, you reset the shop to 4 cards.

Quote:
3. Quest (spoiler) - I dont have cards in front of me, but you ll know what I am talking about; there is quest where you have to lead women to super mutant city (Catherine or something like this) So you have to be in same space as she is and make special action (C1), in order to move her around. Here is my question; can this special action be made if there is active enemy on same space or not? If I understood correctly you can ,since this isnt quest action?

If it isn't specifically indicated as a quest action and doesn't say that the space has to be free of enemies, then yes, you can do it in a space with enemies.

Quote:
4. pipe wrench - please explain this card (dont have card in front of me). So when I throw dices, I can choose not to apply some of their results or what? If I choose to apply it I lose pipe wrench. This means I can say I will not use this result? I thought you have to take all results that you have thrown?

Yes, you got it right. To apply hits to enemies you have to "spend" the dice, but this is always optional. So you can choose to not apply a hit to an enemy in order to save your pipe wrench.

Quote:
5. Swift learner perk - when you level up you can take both SPECIAL letters. But if you have this both letters that you gained, do you get two perks? And if you have one letter, and one not, would you take this new letter and also get new perk?

Yes, spot on. Treat each letter separately.

Quote:
6. Apparel that gives you all companions requirements (some kind of suit) - I dont understand if this suit gives you:
a) opportunity to take any companion when you shop or
b) gives you ability not to lose companion when it is exhausted and you are camping and have to unexhaust them?
c) both

Just a). The formalwear just lets you ignore companion "requirements", which is their cost in the upper right.

Quote:
7. what if faction marker progress token is one space from last possible space (final space) and I manage to solve quest that pushes faction marker 2 spaces? Do I push it only one space or what? Do I get points for agendas like it is on last space or one more further?

This is explained pretty well in the "Faction Power Track" section of the RR. If a faction marker would advance past the last space, all extra spaces it would have moved are still counted for the purposes of scoring the agenda cards.

Quote:
8.basic question - if I have agenda card that gives me VP if one of factions is ahead how to calculate VPs? Lets say star faction is on starting space (didnt advance at all). And shield faction has moved two times. So if i have faction card that gives me VPs for shield faction progress, I would get 3 VPs? (one basic VP + 2VPs since shield faction advanced 2 time, and star stayed on starting space? Other example - if one faction is ahead only one space, this card is worth 2 VPs?

It's just the difference between the spaces. The two examples you gave are right. However many points the losing faction would have to earn to catch up to the leading faction - that's how many extra points the loyalty agenda for the leading faction is worth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mladen Šimić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, many thx you helped me a lot, even before when I had other questions.
I hope my questions (and your answers) also helped other new players.

P.S. so under my question number 5 you replied and explained me so conclusion is:
Swift learner perk - when you level up you can take both SPECIAL letters.
If you have this both letters that you gained, you get two perks.
If you have one letter, and one not, you take this new letter and also get new perk!

This makes this perk amazing and I dont see why not to take it every time when you get I letter? It seems great and really strong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simicic wrote:
This makes this perk amazing and I dont see why not to take it every time when you get I letter? It seems great and really strong.

I usually do take it every time, but I wouldn't call it all that great and strong. Of the two levels you get, one of them just sort of takes the place of the one you just spent to use the perk. So it's really just one free level... which is still good, of course. But not OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, you got it right. To apply hits to enemies you have to "spend" the dice, but this is always optional. So you can choose to not apply a hit to an enemy in order to save your pipe wrench.

Where in the rules does it say spending dice is optional? I would interpret that spending is using up the die result and it is mandatory, not optional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing is explicitly declared either way. But it's strongly implied. If it were meant to be mandatory there would be no need to introduce the extraneous term "spend", they would only refer to the die result causing an effect. Adding the intermediate activity "spend" implies that this is a point of intervention in the usual flow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Anderson
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoo wrote:

Quote:

This is explained pretty well in the "Faction Power Track" section of the RR. If a faction marker would advance past the last space, all extra spaces it would have moved are still counted for the purposes of scoring the agenda cards.

I had this happen when playing solo actually. I thought I was going to lose. On my second action I finished a quest that moved the leading faction 2 spaces past the final one. Gave me exactly enough points to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.