1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Meeplefest continued rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
Fri continued-Next played Downfall of Pompeji. Nothing like a game that involves sacrifing your neighbors to the volcano. Despit my peoples running as fast as they could, too many got swallowed by the hot lava death.
Vikings was one of the newer games I have enjoyed this year and was glad to teach a few folks. I have yet to try the advanced version but the basic version is pleasant enough to play as a quick light game.
I think I played the Elephant in the Porcelin SHop game or whatever it's called somewhere one of these days. I must say I disliked it just as much as I did the first time ending up with only 1 little vase, the rest having been trampled by the elephants.
Finally finished off the night with Qwirkle and found a rule we had missed, lol, it always takes a few tries to get a game right, but speaks for the game in that we still enjoyed it.

Sat-Got up early as I was scheduled to start Die Macher at 9. Was early so got in a game of Qwirkle with Doeg and Greg and played by the right
rules and managed to get several bonus points.
Finally Die Macher was about to start but almost ended before it began with people dropping out and finding subs. We finally settled down with a 4 players and with Mike and Greg teaching started going thru the rules. We decided to play the short version with only 5 rounds as a few folks needed to take off early for the Tichu tournament. It took us 4 hours with the first hour going thru the rules. Other than the first hour, the game went by quickly and I have to say lives up to it's rep for being very interesting. We did miss one thing about the polls but got that goin about half way thru the game. Mike got off to a strong stat taking the first 2 elections and I managed to get a coalition with him in one win but sadly had no media markers. As i had done rather poorly in the first few elections I did manage to focus my efforts in the last 3 and managed to win 2 elections one with a nice coalition with Greg. In the last election I really lucked out in managing to match all the polls with my platforms and pulled out a win. The game is quite intriguing and maybe I'll get lucky enough to convince my regular group to try it sometime.
Off to lunch and then back for a few hands of Tichu and then the prize table. Was quite happy to pick up the 2nd ed of Canal Mania since I hadn't preordered it.
Went to a great Malaysian restuarant with Tom, Mary and Ravindra and came back to finish the con off (for me as I had an early flight today boohoo!) with another oldie but goodie Tales of the Arabian Nights with Rick, Eric, Shay and Ken. Was a great time all in all and I look forward to Meepelfest becoming an annual event for me.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.