Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Wonham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Scenario 53 (survive ten rounds).

Level 2 scenario, 4 characters at level 3, still only got the base shop items as prosperity is low. But - ridiculously easy compared to other scenarios. Kill ranged monsters as you need and then hide in a room behind a Cragheart-created obstacle. Forcing monsters to the long way round to get to you. I think we got really lucky in that the Oozes all replicated twice, which stopped them moving. Living corpses hit hard, but no range and almost no movement made them a zero issue. It was only the living spirits and viper that caused any problems, but the spirits had so few hit points... Pretty sure I did something wrong to make it so easy. Perhaps I'm getting confused on monster ranged attacks, focus and movement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Caciolli
Italy
Padua
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
difficult to say if you have done something wrong or not, but it seems your strategy could work well

It is not a difficult scenario (we have done at level 5 (+1 with respect to our standard difficult) without problems.

Actually we are noticing that after some scenarios if you do not increase the difficult the game becomes too easy

Mainly because you start knowing the gameplay strategy and also the cards of your friends

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R
United States
Jamestown
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Antonio8080 wrote:
difficult to say if you have done something wrong or not, but it seems your strategy could work well

It is not a difficult scenario (we have done at level 5 (+1 with respect to our standard difficult) without problems.

Actually we are noticing that after some scenarios if you do not increase the difficult the game becomes too easy

Mainly because you start knowing the gameplay strategy and also the cards of your friends

I agree on the game eventually getting easier as you get more comfortable with it. What my group has started doing is when we win a scenario we bump the difficulty up 1 for the next scenario, and if we lose we bump it back down. We've been sitting at 7 for a while but we just retired 2 of our strongest characters, so we'll see how long we stay there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Beznosyuk
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cragheart is definitely beast in this scenario, but did you remember that you are not allowed to completely block any part of the map with obstacles?

How my cragheart worked around this limitation
Hide in the right room, add obstacles in the middle of the room. When monster are approaching the door - destroy obstacles in the middle of the room and create obstacles near the doors. Repeat two more times, so the monsters are moving from one side of the map to another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.