Frederick Lai
Hong Kong
Unspecified
Tsing Yi
flag msg tools
mbmb
The rule states clearly that I have to pay extra SO points if I assign units to attack enemy battalions that are located in Breakthrough, Rear and Transit areas when there are enemies located in the Front, German Transit or German staging areas (page 10 of the rulebook).

Now I want to assign units to attack an enemy battalion located in the Front area and there is an enemy unit located in the German Staging and another in the German Transit Areas. Do I need to pay 2 SO points? If I want to assign units to attack the battalion located at the German Transit Area as well, do I need to pay 1 SO point since there is an enemy unit located in the German Staging Area (a total expenditure of 3 SO points to attack both units?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you would have to pay 1 SO point for attacking the one in the German Transit area, and 2 SO points for attacking the unit in the German Staging area. The one in the Front won't cost anything.

There is an example of what you're talking about on Page 21 in the Sample Game. He has the game setup as 3A is in THE FRONT, and 6A is in the German Staging area. The game sample says:

Quote:
With that in mind, I attack: 3A "in the Front" (1 point) and 6C "in the German Staging area" (5points). Normally, it would cost 1 SO point to Attack 6C
because 3A is in the German Staging Range Band, but I assign
my Truck to the 6C Battle. The Truck reduces my SO point
cost by 2, so I don’t need to pay any SO points.

I added the parts BOLDED in Quotes and Italicized.

Hope this helped!

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles ting
msg tools
Doesn't each Truck save you 2 SO point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it would save you the SO points IF you put a truck ON the enemy battalions(s), but if you don't have a truck there, then you would have to pay the SO points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.