Subject: Trading in Euphoria rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jovan muskinja
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

I've just got Euphoria from my FLGS Secret Santa, and I am preparing it for the first game.
I am really intrigued about the ability to trade with other players. In the rules it just looks like it's there with only few sentences about it. Just seems strange to have an option to trade in worker placement game.
Is this actually used in your games?
Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bennett
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.
mbmbmbmbmb
We never, ever trade but I'm sure it's because everyone has forgotten that trading is permitted. We trade all the time in games where that is allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dionne
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You and me, Robert! It’s rare to see open trading in the games my friends and I play so we always forget that it’s actually in the rulebook. I’d like to say that I’ll definitely try it next time we play, but I’ll probably forget
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hogue
United States
O'fallon
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jovus wrote:
Hey all,

I've just got Euphoria from my FLGS Secret Santa, and I am preparing it for the first game.
I am really intrigued about the ability to trade with other players. In the rules it just looks like it's there with only few sentences about it. Just seems strange to have an option to trade in worker placement game.
Cheers

We occasionally trade, mostly to pair up artifacts, rarely to get a worker on a construction space (I would only give someone what they needed there on a 2-for-1) . Outside of that, you have enough control in the game that you can get the commodities/resources you want without trading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vestal
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are also trading rules in Scythe. The designer stated that his impression is that if explicit rules for trading weren't included, people would ask about them or make their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
I often forget to mention trading during my rules explanation, which means I need to point out the rule when I see it might apply; this results in helping everyone else complete 2 markets before my next blocking me out of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jovan muskinja
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EricHogue wrote:
jovus wrote:
Hey all,

Cheers

We occasionally trade, mostly to pair up artifacts, rarely to get a worker on a construction space (I would only give someone what they needed there on a 2-for-1) . Outside of that, you have enough control in the game that you can get the commodities/resources you want without trading.

Thanks for the info. That's what I thought. It's there, but the game works without it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molokov (AU)
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, trading is allowed but I've never seen it happen in the many games of Euphoria we have played... most people don't want to get rid of their commodoties or resources because they're so hard won, and it's such a tight competitive game that giving your opponent an advantage (even if you get one in return) isn't always the wisest move...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sb so
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Trading is allowed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sb so
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thanks Jamey , you are everywhere anytime meeple!
I am not known for skipping over rules, but I missed this completely. Several times. Strange.

I don't trust my rule reading anymore!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Gerald Fitzsimons
Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
Banker Of The Gods
badge
Designed Banker Of The Gods
mbmb
I can see how this would be great for artifact cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter L
Canada
North York
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I honestly didn't know this was allowed. Not sure I'd want to.
Makes this feel a bit like Catan, where gameplay is less about gameplay mechanics, and more how well you play the players ....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.