Popular Tags: [View All]
Dmitriy Razumov
Russia
Vladimir
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I really interested in this game, but in our group (5-6 players) we don't love competitive games to be long, we prefer them under 30 min.

Could you please tell me, is this possible to come up with variant, to play Nefarious under 30 min?

Maybe don't use twist, or to use some certain of them? Or to play to 15 VP (or even 10). Is this possible? Will it break the game?

Thank you very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would expect this game to usually play in under 30 minutes as-is once the entire group has played it enough to get really used to it. I mean it's simultaneous play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitriy Razumov
Russia
Vladimir
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your answer! But I really wold like to have short playtime even while we try to get used to game.

Is decreasing finishing VP a valid option?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is very short as is,

But aure, you could decrease playing time.

Te twists generally speed up or slow down the game, so if you pick some that give people money and or cards, you will have a faster game.

You could also start with more money and or cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zcontest
United States
pasco
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Dmitry,

For a short demo version of the game, select the twists "Cheap Fusion Power" and "Private Funding." I think this is what they did to demo the game at cons back in 2011 when it was originally released.

As far as afterwards, it really is a 20 minute game.

At a tourney I hosted, three tables played 9 simultaneous games in 4 hours, including teaching the game to half the group, report scores, reset game, shuffle tables, snack and bathroom breaks, bs time, etc. All three tables had to finish the next before the next game could start, so it really was a good demo that the game plays around 20 min/game.

Hanford Nefarious Tourney Report

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you played this game? How long are you finding this game takes? It shouldn't be more than 30 minutes. Are you sure you are playing it right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitriy Razumov
Russia
Vladimir
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for answers!
MunchWolf wrote:
Have you played this game? How long are you finding this game takes? It shouldn't be more than 30 minutes. Are you sure you are playing it right?
I'm just thinking about buying this game as a gift. It's harder than buying for myself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.