flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Scoring for a racing season I find very stupid
e.g. for a 5p. game 3races it is according to rules:

1. Race: 4-3-3-3-2
2. Race: 5-3-3-3-2
3. Race: 6-3-3-3-2

It's an easy way to put scoring, because the middle places are always 3 for all player counts, so a simple, but not a good solution. 2nd place getting the same points as 4th place is pretty stupid.
Also in this way mainly the winner of the last race will usually win the series, almost no matter his results in the first 2 graces.

Better versions:

5 Players
1. Race: 5-4-3-2-1
2. Race: 6-4-3-2-1
3. Race: 7-5-3-2-1
(4. Race: 8-6-4-2-1)
(5. Race: 9-6-4-2-1)

4 Players
1. Race: 5-3-2-1
2. Race: 5-3-2-1
3. Race: 7-5-3-1
(4. Race: 7-5-3-1)
(5. Race: 8-5-3-1)

3 Players
1. Race: 3-2-1
2. Race: 4-2-1
3. Race: 5-3-1
(4. Race: 5-3-1)
(5. Race: 6-3-1)

or use the same scoring for all races (more realistic and fair, but danger of runaway leader):

5 Players
6-4-3-2-1

4 Players
5-3-2-1

3 Players
4-2-1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
actaion wrote:

Also in this way mainly the winner of the last race will usually win the series, almost no matter his results in the first 2 graces.

I don't have much of an issue of a game trying to incentive getting first or not getting last, but being indifferent about middle positions.

But the comment here about the winner of the 3rd race usually winning a 3 race series is an issue.

But you also want to make it so that the winner isn't decided before the end of all the races (or at least not regularly decided.)

So I likely the structure of First, Middle, Last, but I agree that the numbers could probably be better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.