6 Posts

Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tank movement question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Masters
United States
flag msg tools
Can tanks move 2 spaces ONLY when blitzing, or can I move two friendly spaces during my non-combat move? Similarity, on my combat move, could a tank move through a friendly space in order to make an attack into the second space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tanks can always move two territories, with a couple of exceptions. They have to stop if they enter an occupied hostile territory on their first space of movement, and they can't move at all before loading onto or after offloading from a transport.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Masters
United States
flag msg tools
Good copy, thanks! (Or do I mean, tanks! )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CD
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I 2nd everything Kevin said!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Prizzi
United States
West Newton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
A similar scenario that i’ve never seen in explained in the rules...
Can a tank blitz into an adjacent unoccupied enemy territory and then return to the territory it started in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. From page 25 of the Rulebook:
Quote:
Tanks can “blitz” by moving through an unoccupied hostile territory as the first part of a two-space move that can end in a friendly or hostile territory. This complete move must occur during the Combat Move phase. By blitzing, the tank establishes control of the first territory before it moves to the next. The second territory can be friendly or hostile, or even the territory the tank came from. A tank that encounters enemy units in the first territory it enters must stop there, even if the unit is an antiaircraft gun or industrial complex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.