Subject: Weight really 2.31? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chester Hsu
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
This game looks like a beast in terms of rules and strategy. Is the weight really a 2.31? Or is it much higher?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is thie game even published yet? It looks interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
Fiji
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a lot of it is not a ton of people have actually played the game, so the rating will not be that accurate. Second, is the last time I read the rules, combat was based a lot on risk, and that is a high luck system. So complexity will go down if combat, a major component of an area control game, is simplified and high luck. But you may want to check the current rules to see if that is still the case. If it did change, because it isn't published yet, the old system will still play into the rating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's really not that complex or heavy. Long, yes, but not heavy.

I pulled out of the KS because there wasn't enough game for the time or money. A weight in the 2.5 area sounds right, maybe even a little high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the game is still in kickstarter limbo, we're just going to have to wait until it gets published.

Of course, if the rulez are posted, than reading them would be the thing to do if one wanted to research this game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodolphe Duhil
France
Rambouillet
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not backed the game but I'm still somehow subscribed to the Giochistarter news.

The RULES were posted today.

The original designer is only credited with the original idea. Strange.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet. Thanks. I'm going to be reading it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds right. It's more or less Risk+ for 7 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester Hsu
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I still am not buying the 2.5 complexity rating. I’ve played Spirit Island that has a rating of 3.9 on BGG and this seems like it has much more rules to remember. 36 pages to be exact. I’ve played Risk before and there is a lot more meat here. This is not a gateway game imho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Habelitz
Germany
Zweibrücken
Reinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was at Spieleschmiede some time ago - They told that this game is in development since the 80s. So I had the bad feeling it will feel old while playing and I didn't back it

@Chester
I am with you but sometimes there are games that are great without high complexity rating...
- Arktia
- Deus (with 2 or 3 player)
- Habitats
e.g.

usually I prefer 3.8+

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilian Lydian
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:
Sounds right. It's more or less Risk+ for 7 players.

I've read that before and am still wondering where that notion comes from.
It uses dice and there are battles and area control, but that pretty much sums up the similarities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen G
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The reason for comparing it to risk was some of the initial rules that were released, where one module was simplified combat rules, very similar to risk.

However, the game is nothing like that anymore. Read the rules. Each unit has obvious tactical capabilities, and tailoring the composition of your force (light infantry, archer, heavy infantry, cavalry, captains and siege machines) is crucial. I think the combat rules in the latest version are really really good and way more complex than the "general concensus" gives credit to. My opinion is based on a few playtesting rounds on tabletopia. Especially the final iteration is superb.

I cannot wait to get my hands on the physical version and invite people to play.

And when people compare the total game to risk it's just hrmpf.. The combat aspect is just a tiny bit of it....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.