Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Tenkatoitsu» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on rule 6.2.4: Clan units as near as possibile to each other rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,
It sometimes happens that after a pursuit, a unit may find itself far (let's say 4/5 hexes away) from the other units of its group.

How can I manage later this clan with a unit detached from the others following its order execution?

let's see what happens in every order:

If later the clan has to perform a/an:

Attack:: This unit could still be detached from the others (but the distance should be reduced because of the spearhead rule). Rule 6.2.4 should be respected but it is not mandatory.
Is this general statement correct?

Defence: This unit cannot respect 6.2.4 as requested in the deployment of all unit not in EZOC. So this unit (far from the others and not in EZOC) can't move because of the rule 6.2.4 (that is mandatory in Deployment). Is this statement correct?

Movement:: The unit cannot respect 6.2.4 and therefore cannot march (because the rule 6.2.4 is mandatory). And it seems to me that also the other units cannot respect 6.2.4. Is this statement correct?
I am sure there is something wrong in this line of reasoning. One possibility would be to move the units towards each other thereby reducing the overall distance with this far unit. I'm not sure if this would be allowed.

Rally: If this far unit is within 3 hexes (otherwise the unit stays put) from an enemy it needs to withdraws with the possibility of going more distant from the other clan units. Is this statement correct?

Please clarify where I am wrong.

thanks

Raimondo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raimondo,

To respect 6.2.4 you have to keep the Clan's units together if they are together. If the Clan has split (quoting 6.2.4) "you must coordinate your units’ movements such as to prevent (or remedy to) any dispersal of the Clan by reducing to the maximum the distance between each Clan’s unit, while still conforming to the Clan’s Order".

So you are allowed to (quoting you) "move the units towards each other thereby reducing the overall distance with this far unit." In fact, you have to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry but I still don't get how some situations should be managed.

Let's say that a unit withdraws 4 hexes from an attacker after a combat. Let's say four units belong to the attacking clan, but only one of them was in the Ezoc.
If the attacker is forced to pursuit, should all the units of the clan move, even if not all of them participated in the combat?

Or even, what if some units of the attacking clan are "stuck" by enemy ZoC?. Would some units move and others would not?.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juno
Spain
BCN
flag msg tools
badge
Out of bounds!
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one unit in Attack and adjacent to the retreated unit must pursuit. So in your example, the only Clan that will pursue it's B2-3.
If you haven't already, I strongly recommend this help sheet; I'm pretty sure that will help you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Juno is right.
I would add the B2-3 is obliged to follow the same retreat path until it finds itself in an EZOC. The only way to avoid pursuing is to try to change the order of Clan B units to defence.

Next time clan B is activated you have to coordinate movements (whatever type are: charge, deployment or march) of your clan B units in order to reduce the overall distance among the units themselves

Raimondo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I understand the correct way to do it.
Many thanks to both of you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.