8 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: General Volkare "app" (website) is now available rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zarir Khosh
msg tools
Hi

I've created a new utility on https://www.boardgameutilities.com called Mage Knight - General Volkare.
The utility draws a random card from General Volkare's deck.

The website should be compatible on all mobile devices with newer browsers.
It's the first iteration so feedback is appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jochen Balzer
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just gave it a quick look and saw that I have to register on that site to use it.

I also have to register to see if and how it works.

This is a fact for me to not use it in the future.
Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hover Harder
badge
You hoverin'?
mbmbmbmbmb
McEve wrote:
I just gave it a quick look and saw that I have to register on that site to use it.

Sorry.

It's certainly no offense to the author, but I am inclined to agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zarir Khosh
msg tools
McEve wrote:

Sorry.

Hi Jochen

There is no need to be sorry. There are no ads on the website and it's offered as a completely free service.

We have stated why you need to register in the FAQ on the site and we understand that many people won't register to use the site. We are ok with that. The reason is that after many years of hosting the World of Warcraft Board Game - Calculator (a website where you did not have to sign up), many users requested the feature to be able to see their character no matter what device they were on and they were annoyed with import/export functionality or other clever ways of saving state on a local computer.
It all comes to down whether we want to lessen the user experience and have potentially more users trying it out versus having a better user experience but have potentially less people use it. We went with the latter in this case.

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. It's always better to know that it has a negative impact (for you at least) rather than not knowing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Tonkin
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
Zarir wrote:
McEve wrote:

Sorry.

Hi Jochen

There is no need to be sorry. There are no ads on the website and it's offered as a completely free service.

We have stated why you need to register in the FAQ on the site and we understand that many people won't register to use the site. We are ok with that. The reason is that after many years of hosting the World of Warcraft Board Game - Calculator (a website where you did not have to sign up), many users requested the feature to be able to see their character no matter what device they were on and they were annoyed with import/export functionality or other clever ways of saving state on a local computer.
It all comes to down whether we want to lessen the user experience and have potentially more users trying it out versus having a better user experience but have potentially less people use it. We went with the latter in this case.

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. It's always better to know that it has a negative impact (for you at least) rather than not knowing it.

Having built a similar web app for Gloomhaven recently, I can empathize with this issue. Eventually went with an export/import to Dropbox solution but I for one am quite happy to register to have a look at this site.

That being said, I have an issue registering. Email address (similar to this): "teststring+boardgameutilities@gmail.com", error message: "Email 'teststring+boardgameutilities@gmail.com' is invalid." Not sure if it's a generic problem or if it's the plus sign in my email address (which is useful for Gmail users).

I also can't submit the Contact page form because of an error (this one just says "An error occured. :/").

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could let users stay in guest mode to try it, then if they like it, let them register
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zarir Khosh
msg tools
FoxWithTwoTales wrote:

Having built a similar web app for Gloomhaven recently, I can empathize with this issue. Eventually went with an export/import to Dropbox solution but I for one am quite happy to register to have a look at this site.

That being said, I have an issue registering. Email address (similar to this): "teststring+boardgameutilities@gmail.com", error message: "Email 'teststring+boardgameutilities@gmail.com' is invalid." Not sure if it's a generic problem or if it's the plus sign in my email address (which is useful for Gmail users).

I also can't submit the Contact page form because of an error (this one just says "An error occured. :/").

Hi John

Both issues have been resolved. The problem was that our sanitization framework went a bit overboard with the plus sign in your email address.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Tonkin
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
Zarir wrote:
FoxWithTwoTales wrote:

Hi John

Both issues have been resolved. The problem was that our sanitization framework went a bit overboard with the plus sign in your email address.

Thanks mate, much appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.