Subject: [CSI] Concordia: Salsa Expansion $16.99 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Betty L
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to be the lowest price from board game prices.

BGG https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/181084/concordi...

CSI https://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/220822
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Scussel
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really tempted, but I hear mixed reviews about the forum tiles and the salt is a nice addition, but not mandatory in my mind.

I like the base game as it is. Plenty of replayability in that box for me. But I don't want to sound like a hypocrite. I do have the Egypt map because I like the game changing elements that brings. Between the base game and Egypt, I feel pretty satisfied with what I have already and can probably bypass Salsa unless some people voice their strongly dissenting opinions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if my game plays are only as 2 players, which expansion should i get Concordia: Salsa or Concordia: Gallia / Corsica?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the forum tiles are awesome.

Is that strong enough?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nāt
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:
Really tempted, but I hear mixed reviews about the forum tiles and the salt is a nice addition, but not mandatory in my mind.

I like the base game as it is. Plenty of replayability in that box for me. But I don't want to sound like a hypocrite. I do have the Egypt map because I like the game changing elements that brings. Between the base game and Egypt, I feel pretty satisfied with what I have already and can probably bypass Salsa unless some people voice their strongly dissenting opinions.

I was just telling someone the other day about how much I love Concordia: Salsa's forum tiles. It's hands down one of my favorite expansions to a board game ever. The salt/wild resource is all well and good, and I'm happy to have it added to the game, but the forum tiles introduce asymmetric player powers while bringing an added element of planning to when you collect your cards back into your hand. It fits surprisingly well with the base game, and I'm always impressed by just how great ALL of the tiles are. They're all unique and useful in their own way. You won't not want a single one. The forum tiles will also insure you will never play the game the same way twice; the replayability they bring to the game is through the roof, much more so than any of the existing map expansions.

That said, if you're not a fan of the "I'm jealous of your special ability and you're jealous of my special ability" feeling in games, then Salsa's forum tiles probably aren't for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Seda
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:

Extra maps on their own still usually go for slightly more than this. I haven't heard much about the tiles except for the one SU&SD review where Quinns didn't care about. I want to try them.

Went ahead and grabbed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Scussel
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, you guys sold me. I ordered it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Jones
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask in this thread or in Geek Mail and you'll be given 30GG for an Avatar.
badge
You are who you choose to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
if my game plays are only as 2 players, which expansion should i get Concordia: Salsa or Concordia: Gallia / Corsica?

Concordia: Gallia / Corsica or I would go for the even smaller soon to be released Concordia: Aegyptus / Creta

Edit: Availability
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Couch
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
I had this on hold at CSI but paid 24.99 for it.

Emailed them asking if they could adjusted it with the new price and got a response 5 minutes later that they could.

That is customer service!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stormy Waters
United States
Reminderville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
abe18 wrote:

Corsica is pretty much made for 2p. I've never tried Salsa with 2 players but it'd probably still be an improvement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FML. I just bought this for $25 two weeks ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Journey
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, Salsa ranks as one of the best all-time expansions for a board game in my mind as well. The forum tiles and salt, not to mention a couple of interesting maps, are all fantastic and engaging additions. I don't play without the forum tiles and salt if I can help it. Highly recommended at any price, but this should be an easy decision for anyone who doesn't have it yet. Plus, it comes in a nice-sized box that you can stash all your map expansions in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Barnes
United States
Shelton
CT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, love the game and love this expansion. At this price, it's a steal and would be a no-brainer for me if I didn't already own it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dumidu Surasinghe
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My collection is quite small and I should probably be buying new games and not expansions, but I couldn't resist. Salsa looks great. I trust is plays great too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keusch
United States
Ann Arbor
MI
flag msg tools
badge
Waves broke in swift lines on the beach, and she walked over the sand toward her friends, in the wind, on Mars, on Mars, on Mars, on Mars, on Mars
mbmbmbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:

this is a perfect review of salsa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
radagast14 wrote:
Yeah, Salsa ranks as one of the best all-time expansions for a board game in my mind as well. The forum tiles and salt, not to mention a couple of interesting maps, are all fantastic and engaging additions. I don't play without the forum tiles and salt if I can help it. Highly recommended at any price, but this should be an easy decision for anyone who doesn't have it yet. Plus, it comes in a nice-sized box that you can stash all your map expansions in.

That's exactly what I use my Salsa box for, all the maps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armando Gurrola
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was waiting for this one around $15 (close enough). I already have the promo tiles from the geek store, so I should be able to use everything there. Thanks for the post!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.