Subject: Fights from enemy activations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Máté Berta
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HI!

I wonder what the LTP means when it says: "When an enemy fights a survivor, that survivor and the enemy resolve a fight as if that survivor performed a fight action."

Does it mean, when my turn comes I can perform one less action? So I can't take advatage of this mechanic, and do free fights by standing there and pray that the right enemy type activates?
It says "resolve", so my guess is that it's just talking about how you need to RESOLVE it, but I'm not sure.

Another thing is the "aggressive" enemy ability. It says the fights triggered by it are NOT actions.
Does it confirm it, or just telling you, how to treat the "aggressive fights" when it happens during the player's turn?

What do you think guys?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
_lo-ol_
mbmbmb
You resolve it imediately following the same steps of the FIGHT action as if the fight was started by you.

1. roll dice
2. re-roll dice
3. resolve enemy hits
4. resolve survivor hits
5. gain xp

It does not consume one action from the player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Masters
England
flag msg tools
#!STRING_NOT_FOUND!#
badge
SON OF A BITCH MUST PAY
mbmbmbmbmb
XenoQauritcH wrote:
Does it mean, when my turn comes I can perform one less action? So I can't take advatage of this mechanic, and do free fights by standing there and pray that the right enemy type activates?

Yes you could just stand in one place and wait for the enemy to get activated and attack you.

XenoQauritcH wrote:
Another thing is the "aggressive" enemy ability. It says the fights triggered by it are NOT actions.
Does it confirm it, or just telling you, how to treat the "aggressive fights" when it happens during the player's turn?

Aggressive triggers whenever an enemy is within range of your character. So if you move within range during your turn you immediately have to fight the enemy because it attacks you. This does not cost you an action as it's the enemy attacking you.

Also Aggressive can trigger during the enemy activations because usually an enemy can either move or attack but not do both. However an enemy that moves within range during it's activation that is Aggressive can then attack you immediately after the movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Máté Berta
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Allright! I know all this! xD
To put it simple: When the enemy activates and fights me, does it "steal" an action from me and I can perform only one action when my turn comes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XenoQauritcH wrote:
Allright! I know all this! xD
To put it simple: When the enemy activates and fights me, does it "steal" an action from me and I can perform only one action when my turn comes?

No.

They initiate a fight "as if the survivor had taken the fight action". It does not cost a future action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Máté Berta
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All right guys!
Thanks for all the answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note: Aggressive only triggers when movement results in both player and enemy sharing the same map space, and no other time. If an Aggressive Ranged enemy moves up to an adjacent space, it does not start a fight, nor does it do so if a player moves adjacent to itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.