Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I've been sitting here doing other things with Turner Classic Movies channel on in the background, as it often is here, and they showed the new "TCM Remembers" video to memorialize film industry figures who died this year.

I knew that a number of stars had passed this year, but seeing them all one after another, along with some familiar character actors and stars from years gone by whose deaths had not made the headlines, was rather sad, and it makes for a fairly long list.

RIP to all, and may your films live on and find new fans year by year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Did I not see Carrie Fisher in that montage?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LennyS wrote:

She actually died at the very end of 2016, right after Christmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Homatidis
England
flag msg tools
badge

Lenny-
Carrie Fisher made it into last year's video. 3m42s in. Just before Gene WIlder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambiteer wrote:
LennyS wrote:

That's right. I just remember she and her mother, Debbie Reynolds, passing very close to the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing John Tillerman reminds me that it's time to watch They Call Me Mr. Tibbs and Paper Moon yet again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
So many great names. Bill Paxton tops the list for me personally. He was one of my favorite actors. He played everything from leading man to character acting. He was the only actor to be killed by the Terminator, Alien and Preditor. In each film his last words were dropping the F bomb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
LennyS wrote:
Gambiteer wrote:
LennyS wrote:

That's right. I just remember she and her mother, Debbie Reynolds, passing very close to the same time.

Debbie Reynolds died on December 28th, the day after her daughter Carrie Fisher passed. They managed to get Carrie into last year's video. I suspect due to how she passed they prepared a version of the video with her included in advance. Debbie Reynolds' was a tragic surprise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.