Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Woods
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to find this in the rules. If I use an advantage tile (for example, the one that allows me to sell a good), do I have to discard it, or do I get to use it every turn for the rest of the game? I hope I am not missing something obvious!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert D
United Kingdom
Leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
I believe it to be a one time use.

Page 11 says “the player can use as many advantage tiles as desired”. This doesn’t explicitly state to discard but the key word is ‘use’

On page 9 re protection tiles it says “a player may also use a protection tile (and thus return it to the pile)”.

Now we have been playing that advantage tiles are discarded face up when used with points kept secret to the end. The end game scoring says of the points advantage tile "They may not be used to reach the 50 point mark to trigger the game end earlier" Again this to me implies that 'used' is a once only thing here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We also played it as once-per-turn tiles, but it IS a hole in the rules. It's never clearly spelled out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jor Ray
Spain
Santa Cruz de Tenerife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the spanish version is cristal clear that you use it once in your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.