tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You never need anything, but ...

these are very different games. Sentinel Tactics and Heroes Wanted are superhero themed tactical combat games ( Heroes Wanted being a much lighter vp based competitive game - with some possibility for everyone losing, whereas Sentinel Tactics is a scenario based 1vAll game). Clank! In! Space! is a space fantasy themed deck building game with some spatial play on a board and a significant push your luck element.

I think Trains has better board based play for a deck builder, but it is also fairly similar to Dominion in game play, and does not have near the light tone in theme that the three games you mention have. Nor does Trains have the push your luck element of the Clank! games.
There are other games that I also find to be better deck builders in general, but without knowing why else you were considering Clank! In! Space! or what other deck builders you have played and liked or disliked and why you felt the way you did about them, it is difficult to provide a good recommendation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Village Idiot
United States
Palm Harbor
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tuckerotl wrote:
You never need anything, but ...

these are very different games. Sentinel Tactics and Heroes Wanted are superhero themed tactical combat games ( Heroes Wanted being a much lighter vp based competitive game - with some possibility for everyone losing, whereas Sentinel Tactics is a scenario based 1vAll game). Clank! In! Space! is a space fantasy themed deck building game with some spatial play on a board and a significant push your luck element.

I think Trains has better board based play for a deck builder, but it is also fairly similar to Dominion in game play, and does not have near the light tone in theme that the three games you mention have. Nor does Trains have the push your luck element of the Clank! games.
There are other games that I also find to be better deck builders in general, but without knowing why else you were considering Clank! In! Space! or what other deck builders you have played and liked or disliked and why you felt the way you did about them, it is difficult to provide a good recommendation.

I agree. I don't see the connection between Clank! and the other two games you mention.

To me, games that seem similar to Clank! would be:
Trains (as mentioned above)
The Quest for El Dorado (fantastic game, but lighter than Clank!)
Super Motherload (another excellent deck builder with a board, but not a race game)
Lewis & Clark (also a race game driven by cards you acquire and play, but not a traditional deck builder)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lopresti
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you for your help.

To help clarify:

In this particular case, we like goofy-themed games where we can move around on a big board.

The deck building mechanic isn't as important.

Thanks, again, so very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TomandJonna wrote:
Thank you for your help.

To help clarify:

In this particular case, we like goofy-themed games where we can move around on a big board.

Mechs vs. Minions
Arcadia Quest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Village Idiot
United States
Palm Harbor
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TomandJonna wrote:
Thank you for your help.

To help clarify:

Ok, then perhaps look at:

Theseus: The Dark Orbit
Relic Runners
Lords of Xidit
Defenders of the Realm
Legends of Andor
Adventure Land
Elfenland

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lopresti
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you both so very much for your help.

We greatly appreciate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.