Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The idea is simple, we all have those games on our shelves that should probably be played. They've languished for one reason or another, so this year, 2018, we're going to try something a bit different. No 10x10, no 100x1, we're going to just try to play those games that taunt us from our Shelves of Opportunities(as I call them), or Shelves of Shame(as others call them).

This idea was brought about because of my own Board Gaming Goal for 2018 and a further discussion over on /r/boardgames.

The idea is that this is a Support Group of sorts, where we can talk about the games that we want to play off our shelves and if we get stuck, surely there are others out there who can help us, either by encouragement, or answering rules questions or just giving thoughts on why the game should be played.

So what we'll do is this, each month I will post a new "Off the Shelf" Geeklist and anyone is free to join in. You don't have to be a part of any specific community, this is open to all. All you need is the desire to play some unplayed games off of your shelves. Post a game that you have on your shelf that you want to get played and lets go! As the month progresses, give updates on your progress, tell us about playing the game or the frustration of not getting the game played. We're all here to try to help!

There will probably be side conversations happening over on /r/boardgames but our hope is that there will be plenty going on in both places.

So come one, come all! Let's get those board game albatrosses off our shelves!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Off the Shelf - January 2018 Subscription Thread
January 2018

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
February 2018

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.