Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Bronson
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have any promotional components been produced for this game?

Maybe Promo Locations, Encounters, Exploration Tiles, etc.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
The only one to speak of is the limited-run official playmat. It's enormous and carried a large price tag, accordingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
FreedomGunfire wrote:
The only one to speak of is the limited-run official playmat. It's enormous and carried a large price tag, accordingly.

But it makes setting up and playing the game *soooooo* much easier!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Bronson
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FreedomGunfire wrote:

I have the playmat. It's quite awesome. I love it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Bear
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceMind wrote:
FreedomGunfire wrote:

I have the playmat. It's quite awesome. I love it.

I ditto this. But I have visual sensory issues, so, it helping me cue the number of actions we've used is part of that. I haven't seen anyone else mention that issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Bronson
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received confirmation from Albino Dragon that there are no other promos that have been produced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceMind wrote:
I received confirmation from Albino Dragon that there are no other promos that have been produced.

That's a shame. It's a fun game. It seems promo Fratelli cards would be the easiest to incorporate into the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Bronson
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CavemanLogic wrote:
SpaceMind wrote:

That's a shame. It's a fun game. It seems promo Fratelli cards would be the easiest to incorporate into the game.

I also have some ideas for a couple locations:

FRONT I: The Goonies House
BACK I: When at this location, Brand may not use his abilities.

FRONT V: The Inferno
BACK V: All players must discard entire hand.

These would replace The Restaurant and The Waterslide. Since you randomly choose between the locations during setup, you could have any number of different location cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Bronson
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceMind wrote:
I also have some ideas for a couple locations:

BACK V: All players must discard entire hand.

These would replace The Restaurant and The Waterslide. Since you randomly choose between the locations during setup, you could have any number of different location cards.

I have added on the game play text.

For The Goonies House, this would simulate the guys tying Brand up and taking off without him. I like playing with the Brand character in games and this would limit him being able to map those paths while at this location after it has been explored.

For The Inferno, the perfect text was already used on one of The Waterslide cards where you have to draw and resolve an Encounter Card immediately. That simulates the Fratelli's showing up after they got to the ship. Since all of the Goonies are tied up by the Fratelli's, I thought that could be the same as all players having to lose all cards in their hands.

I have created super quick mockups of these versions but I wanted to get feedback here before going all out and making print quality versions (please do not critique the quality). All my cards are sleeved so I can print these out and put them in sleeves and incorporate them into my games.

Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What about having all players discard their entire hands and then drawing one card each. That would simulate Mouth's mouth full of gems, or Mikey's marble bag of gems. That way the group is not totally hosed.

Or maybe have them draw half the total number of cards they discarded, rounded down (or maybe up). It would be up to the group who gets to draw cards if there wouldn't be enough for everyone to draw at least one.

Just ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Bronson
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CavemanLogic wrote:
What about having all players discard their entire hands and then drawing one card each. That would simulate Mouth's mouth full of gems, or Mikey's marble bag of gems. That way the group is not totally hosed.

I like that.

Updated:

BACK V: All players must discard entire hand and draw one card each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Bronson
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are my final versions and the final artwork I created. I sent them off to PrinterStudio. Let's hope they get printed.

BACK I: When at this location, Brand may not use his character ability.

BACK V: All players must discard entire hand and draw one card each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.