United States
Lumberton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the Tinkerer's Decoy summon draw an attack modifier card if it is close enough to a focus to do a melee attack? My hang up is that the Summon's card says it has an Attack: -, yet the rulebook say all Summons behave like monsters with a Move + 0, Attack + 0. For instance, the summon could possibly draw a +1 modifier card and do one point of damage.

I guess a similar question I would have would apply to monsters. If a monster has an attack of say 1, and the monster ability card says Attack - 1, would the monster still be able to attack and draw an attack modifier card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kratz
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An attack of - means no attack - the Decoy does not normally have an attack, so does not draw a card. If it had an attack 0, then it would draw a card, just be unlikely to do anything, so the second case does draw a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjorn B
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The decoy doesn't have an attack of '0'. It has an attack of '-'.

- + attack modifier 1 is undefined.

In the second case, the monster does an attack 0, which results in damage if the modifier is positive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.