Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wes Ware
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
I’m in US and using the English cards for this great game. No need for the French duplicates but feel bad about just tossing them. Any reason why you are holding onto yours?

Just seems expensive for them to include both language sets in all the boxes...same for rulebooks and guide sheets.

Now someone make them run another Kickstarter so I can get the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Strong
United States
Ocala
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m going to try and trade all my French items with someone for the English ones. That way, I have backups. Once I have everything of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe as a backup or for the case of a French speaking guest player
so more edge cases

I think the reasoning behind the double language packs is, that larger production runs of the same box are noticeable cheaper than making smaller runs for different languages, in particular for the addons that aren't included in every backers order.
I haven't looked at the cards in detail, however previously they didn't had a complete duplicate set in French just the ones that are different to the English version.
Meaning that you might not even have a full set of unused French cards that could be worth selling as a set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
asgorn wrote:
I haven't looked at the cards in detail, however previously they didn't had a complete duplicate set in French just the ones that are different to the English version.
Meaning that you might not even have a full set of unused French cards that could be worth selling as a set.

This is partly the case. The activation cards in core box (and I think in Pandora's box as well) have "real duplicates", even if French and English names are the same. The addons, on the other hand, contain these shared cards only once. Don't know about the big expansions yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Ware
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Of the total cards from the core and pandora boxes, I’ve set aside about one third of them as not needed....also the duplicate three books...and the two duplicate card stock player guides...at least it helps with repacking everything back in the boxes

Costs must have been lower indeed to allow for this duplication in every box. Lot of wasted ink from a pragmatic POV though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"The Sisyphean dreamer, my fibula and femur hold the weight of the world over and over! I think, therefore I die, anxiety and I rolling down a mountain over and over!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I gave mine to my kids, they were immensely enjoyed, spread about the house, their rooms, and played with.

I hazard a guess we'll be finding French MB cards for a few years yet as the kids grow older. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You wont get a complete set of cards for more than one language from the Pandora's box. Only cards with French translations have duplicates. Those cards that use the same word for both languages only have one set for the said card/s. The myrmidons for example, only have one set (3 pieces) of activation cards, as the word 'myrmidons' is used both in French and in English.

So a second set of the same language cards could at best be used as spares in case you get your current ones damaged somehow. But not all cards so you still have to generally be careful.

The manuals would be quite useful though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad S.
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I'm keeping my French cards tucked away in the box for if/when any of my English cards get damaged. Since I'm not sleeving them, it makes sense to hold on to these for a rainy day.

The language on the activation cards is only minimal in purpose. The picture and icons make them useful replacements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.