Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aleksi Hynönen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
badge
The rulebook doesn't tell you!
Well, actually it does but not where it would be the most relevant, which is the End of the Game section. It's actually told in the Object of the Game and Control and Combat Tokens sections.

But the more relevant question here is, who wins ties? That rule I couldn't find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugues Richard
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
What matters in life is not the triumph nor the struggle but the triumph by tiebreaker.
mbmbmbmbmb
The one closer to the starting player in turn order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
troy jones
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All players rejoice in their shared victory?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N O
Philippines
flag msg tools
Wouldn't seeking out petty reasons to determine a victor in the event of a draw be a dishonorable action and attitude?

The person who first expresses dissatisfaction with a tied result should be declared the loser.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Fella
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would probably look at the individual scoring metrics and go by them in an order set or random, continuing until one determines a winner.

I’d probably see who controls the most territories as the first tie breaker, then the number of provinces each player controls, then the flowers and/or face up defense token count on provinces you control.

Did you actually play to a tie? I would imagine that to be a very rare occasion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horsie Palamino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trojo wrote:
All players rejoice in their shared victory?

Unless there's a Crane. Crane wins ties. Even if they're last place. As long as the Crane participated, if there was a tie, they win.

Metavictory according to player power would be the worst way to lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksi Hynönen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
badge
OmegaDolphin wrote:
I would probably look at the individual scoring metrics and go by them in an order set or random, continuing until one determines a winner.

I’d probably see who controls the most territories as the first tie breaker, then the number of provinces each player controls, then the flowers and/or face up defense token count on provinces you control.

Did you actually play to a tie? I would imagine that to be a very rare occasion.

I have played only once (so far) and it wasn't a tie.
Event of a tie seems unlikely in this game but it's common to disclose such events in the rules, just in case.
Without more information, I'd say players with the most honor share victory. Or maybe, like in battle, they lose and the next player wins! However, I'd probably go with your suggestion but I must admit

balbie wrote:
Wouldn't seeking out petty reasons to determine a victor in the event of a draw be a dishonorable action and attitude?

The person who first expresses dissatisfaction with a tied result should be declared the loser.

This sounds fun too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Pentz
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I was wondering the same thing. My first game was 2 players and we each had 48 honor. We just called it a draw because we couldn't find a tie-breaker in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like diplomacy wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horsie Palamino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a 5p game. Myself as Crab and my brother as Dragon both scored 34 points. He had more territories, but I completed my objective. Unsure how tiebreakers would work. Crane was in the game and he was a beginner. In the spirit of true deplomacy, we declared him the winner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Prophet
United Kingdom
London
Camden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got an official response from FFG:

The tied player who controls the highest number of territories wins. If there is still a tie, the tied player who controls the highest number of provinces wins. If there is still a tied, the tied players share a victory.

Hope this helps and clears things up a big
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Stromberg
Isle of Man
Douglas
Isle of Man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is now officially our tiebreaker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.