Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Minchin
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcs.
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can someone tell to me the number of attack dice to roll please. As far as I can see in the rules one rolls 3 10 sided and 1 6 sided dice but on one of the u-tube reviews they roll 1 of each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreux Barbier
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When firing a gun, it's usually 1 d10 for hit and 1 d6 for cover.
A grenade uses 3 or 4 d10s and 1 d6 if i recall, that's the only time you roll more than 1 d10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Severs
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on the gun 1-4 dice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnb60 wrote:
Can someone tell to me the number of attack dice to roll please. As far as I can see in the rules one rolls 3 10 sided and 1 6 sided dice but on one of the u-tube reviews they roll 1 of each.

The d10 is the attack dice (1 to 6+ depending on weapon, cards etc) owhich is/are rolled when a soldier attacks.
When the soldier attacks a d6 defeat cover dice is also rolled (only ever 1d6).

If the attack dice (d10) after modifiers is equal or greater than the Weapon's Hit number and the defeat cover dice (d6) after modifiers is equal or greater than the Targets Cover Value then:
If a soldier is attacking an EKIA is placed on a hostile
or
If a hostile is attack then consult the Hostiles attack chart for the effect on the soldier targeted - or all soldiers for some hostiles.

However if either the d10 or d6 isn't high enough only a SUPP is placed.

If Both aren't high enough the attack has no effect.

Note: While PS & NPS soldiers can roll more than 1d10 depending on weapons etc. SQS and Hostiles only ever roll 1d10.

Does that clear things up?

ps. If using multiple d10 - only Spray and Explosive can do more than 1 EKIA/SUPP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Minchin
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcs.
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the replies, I haven't received my game yet but I was checking a couple of reviews.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries!

Any questions or issues don't hesitate to ask!

also check out:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1697640/getting-started-beg...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Fletcher
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davidinsydney2 wrote:

ps. If using multiple d10 - only Spray and Explosive can do more than 1 EKIA/SUPP.

And if I read the rules correctly, it is only vs. one target. I think I screwed that one up in my maiden play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
safletcher wrote:
davidinsydney2 wrote:

And if I read the rules correctly, it is only vs. one target. I think I screwed that one up in my maiden play.

You read it correctly.
(That mistake is quite common on the first play - whistle )

Almost all* players attacks involve the soldier targeting one Hostile Card - rolling the attack - applying the result to that hostile card. If Explosive or Spray soldier weapon attack then applying the result to one or more reticules of that Hostile Card - any excess effect is lost (overkill).
If not Spray/Explosive then just applying the result to 1 recticule.

The aim () is to make a soldiers attack "personal" unless spray/explosive.

*Artillery Call is such an exception - and can do damage to soldiers as well as hostiles in a Location. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.