Subject: Actions or action points rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikolaas Storme
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few questions in need of some answers

Lull turn, placement phase : if I roll two 3’s, I place Two tokens in ocean number three?

In the faq’s I read that tokens and characters that get + actions, mean you get + Action points. Is this also true for the adventure cards that give you extra actions?

I have only played this game this game once, there is only one concept I don’t really understand, the uprising, when you incite you place those cubes to remove Notoriety and in a lull turn they can get removed by the imperialist forces.
Do they have another function or benefit or tactic you can use?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

1) Yes. (Reference: Rulebook pg 17, top two paragraphs)

2) I would say yes. It only makes sense. (Interpreted from, Reference: Rulebook pg 26, "Emergency Help", and FAQ, "Tokens")

3) The Uprising Cubes serve two main purposes:
a) When you place one or two cubes, they're one of the few (and the only consistent) way to lower your notoriety.
b) They earn end-of-game points depending on the Motive you're playing with.

I haven't come across (or don't remember coming across) any other in-game advantage to their placement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamien Omen
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

b) They earn end-of-game points depending on the Motive you're playing with.

To elaborate, the incite cubes are represented by the fist icon on the scoring chart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C S
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actions are action points, yes. The game does not actually use the term "action points" as far as I remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

vacuumdude wrote:
The game does not actually use the term "action points" as far as I remember.

To be my usual annoying, pedantic self... the rulebook actually does use the term "Action Point(s)" quite often. Toward the front of the rulebook in one of the examples, it conflates "Actions" with "Action Points". But for the remainder of the rulebook, it's quite clear that you spend Action Points in order to accomplish Actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.