5 Posts

Thunder Road» Forums » Variants

Subject: ThunderRoad Explosive Edition & Board Scans rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jez C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I was struggling to find scans of the boards from which to make my own variants, so in the end I just scanned my own boards in (had to do it in 4 separate scans and stitch them together, I only have an A4 scanner...).

I then made versions with no wreck or starting position markings (useful for those of you looking to make your own board variations, but want them to look like they belong in the original game)

I then made Bridge versions of both boards.

Seeing as I don't have a printer capable or printing A3, I've printed the centre bit of the bridge boards to A4 in Portrait (landscape isn't quite tall enough) and am going to use them as an 'overlay' sheet on top of the existing boards.

There's nothing to stop you getting the full boards printed professionally though.

Worth noting that these images are all at 300 DPI (Paint Shop Pro couldn't handle the 600 DPI initial scans I did), so while they're fine for printing out at 'normal' scale, if you're looking to scale them up (e.g. if you're playing with matchbox/hotwheels etc) they won't look as good.

Originals

Without markings:

Bridge Boards:

I've also compiled and fiddled with a load of the rules found on these forums; at the moment it's a Beta version as I haven't play tested it yet, but would appreciate your thoughts on it as it stands:

ThunderRoad Explosive Edition (Beta)

Once the playtesting is done I'll upload my MS Publisher files for tokens and cards.

Let me know your thoughts, and enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmb
Looks great!

Looks better than my block colored bridge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Lodge
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Christian... I'd still much love a long bridge but i was playing TR 2 weeks back, with a new player, wasteland fan. He pointed out that the water kind of breaks theme. It, if anything should be gloop, waste dirty oil or something similar, heavily polluted.

A bridge over water like that would of developed some sort of settlement as the crossing. Lot's of characters and crazy goings on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Morehouse
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sweeeeeet. Did you find my larger boards? I don't know if they are still available online, but I still have the files it you want to use them. You appear to be much, much better at editing than me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jez C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Yeah I found those large boards but PSP couldn't handle the files use, hence why I started from scratch.

As for water breaking the theme, I don't think it's that much of an issue...the desert is a vast place, not every bridge is gonna have a settlement (although there's nothing to stop you making up some rules for it and editing some shacks into my bridge board). Water and rivers will still exist in the wasteland after the nuclear apocalypse, it just won't be a good idea to drink from them

Has anyone had a loo at the rules I compiled yet? Anything stand out as over/under powered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.