Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian P
United States
Mount Pleasant
SC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

The "Traveling Merchant" card states:

"During the next round, the purchase cost of GOODS in your hand is reduced by 1 (gold) each"

However, this card has no "like" on it so at the end of the Counting the till phase, this Patron is simply discarded after collecting gold for it.

How then does one keep track that they had the "Traveling Merchant" as a patron through the next round?

I mean, with table talk, getting a drink or bathroom breaks from the players it's easy to loose track of which Patron you had in the last round. So I was just wondering what one does in this situation and how I have it wrong.

Thank you for any clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dann Christoffers
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Brian,

If you were worried that players might have a habit of forgetting a bonus from a previous round, then a player who discards the card could put it next to the discard pile but close to their Tavern until the next round until they remember to count its ability. It would still count as being in the discard, in case someone could use an ability take it out for some reason, but as quickly as the rounds can go, it should hopefully not arise as a problem too often.

~Dann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.