Jared Bronson
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Thing: Infection at Thule Station Expansion

It would be incredible to have an expansion that includes all-new characters, board/side board from the Norwegian station that was seen in the 1982 film and the main location in the 2011 The Thing prequel.

I am really hoping this becomes reality and, to me, is an obvious expansion.

What are others thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please not be based on the prequel though. Maybe just a mission where you go out onto another tile. Maybe also a location that's beneath the base, like at the end of the film.. This might be accessible after the helicopter fails to show for whatever reason, or could be extended gameplay after a Thing boards the chopper and causes it to crash.

I'd like to see more Thing activity. I'd like Things to be able to reveal themselves during a sabotage and attempt to infect others, maybe even kill a human player and eliminate them from the game, or attack humans right in front of their faces somehow.. I'd like a player thing who is found out and not restrained somehow, to be able to reveal, possibly do damage, and hide somewhere, where he can continue scheming, now outed as a Thing.

More Thing activity in general!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
While I enjoy the posted enthusiasm - I think this game is a-okay as presented. No need for any sort of expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Albert
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I think a general expansion using Thule station as a "window dressing" would be nice.

Extra miniatures, another board (sector 4, if you will), then some optional rules for direct PVP, more involved sabotage, more opportunities for blood testing, etc.

Basically, just a set of optional rules/variants would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Bronson
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing as The Thing: Infection at Outpost 31 is sold out everywhere and needs a new print run, I am really hoping they are working on an expansion.

For those who think the game is great as is, you are mostly correct as I love this game. However, knowing there's another outpost to explore which can add additional gameplay is just too cool to pass up. I really hope they are working on an expansion due to the popularity of this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.