Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the post and the attempt to reinvigorate this classic game.

The whole board game industry is so enamored with the cult-of-the-new, that we often turn our backs on gems (like Tobago) too early.

.....so many games, so little time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy
England
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a great game, I'm a strong player, seek me out on BGA

Love Tobago, but it could do with an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate Bosworth

Oregon
msg tools
mb
Thanks for sharing. I just got a copy off amazon.de and played for the first time the other night and really enjoyed it. Easily in my top ten at the moment. Super fun. I added it to my 10x10 challenge this coming year so it will be fun to really work on the strategy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree this is a very good game but ive only played it 3-4 times. Not nearly enough to understand all the finer details. Someone above said it exactly... "So many games... So little time!"

I have debated on selling this recently but i just brought it back out last night.... I think this is one i would keep as a permanent part of my collection.

One thing i would like to discuss is the curse cards. There are only two and i have played in the past that they get reshuffled into the deck each time. My reason was that if they get discarded then it seems like there isnt much tension or risk now that those curses are gone.

In my most recent game we tried reshuffling them back into the deck and it seemed like there was a lot more risk when going for the treasure. It made for some tense moments, but acter reading this, it seems like we were thinking like noobs. Maybe an expert can explain why two curse cards is all there needs to be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When constantly shuffling the curse cards back into the deck it made searching for treasure more risky later in the game. Obvioußly the last time raising the treasure everybody knew that both chrse cards were in the deck. It was a little anticlimactic. I will check the official variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Smith
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just hosted this game last weekend at Rincon down in Tucson. It is a great game, and great for conventions because it is casual and easy to learn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.