Adam Butler
United States
White Sands Missile Range
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently found a copy of this game at Ross- it was only 17 USD and everything was there- only flaw was that the "seal" sticker was taped down as though it had come off at some point previously. All the parts were there (that I could check without opening packets, at least), and everything was still sealed.

I kind of want to bring this to a board game group. The problem is, this is my second copy- and while I certainly don't remember everything, I do remember a few of the major events that happen (who can forget what's in those two packets in the plastic tray?).

So the question becomes: If I play with a new group, how should I go about this? Knowing what's coming, I'd have a major advantage over them. On one hand, I want to offer to spoil it so that things are on an even playing field. On the other, I also hate the idea of spoiling the surprises for them...

Another possibility is that I can offer them this that avoids one of the biggest advantage of knowing what's coming (partial spoilers for one packet):
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I will promise not to be the one to trigger the activation of the Three Missiles packet, and in exchange I ask they not trigger it against me.
Though that still hints at the potency of what's inside of there...

My sister may also be joining me in the game, and she has played it with my first copy, though she's far less likely to remember the details- but I'd still expect her to remember those two tray packets to some degree.

Thoughts, suggestions, reasons you think I'm right or wrong? Any advice on the matter is welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what a steal for the game
I'd just play it and enjoy what comes about
Try not to spoil or trigger any of the packets if you can help it.
Save those for others
it's such a great game!
a shame I played with my 2 sons and 2 of their friends and they moved away
we have a half played board now ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.