Subject: Couple minutia questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tibbles von tibbleton
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Couple questions:

1. I had a level where doors can be closed and they will deal trap damage to any figure in the doorway and move the figure to either side of the door. If a monster dies from the door, where does the coin drop? It died on the doorway, but that's now a wall, so does the coin push to either side or should it stay in the doorway?

2. A scenario specified that when a particular monster died I was to replace him with another. Does the first monster drop a coin when it dies?

3. Ooze question:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Let's say an 8 max HP regular Ooze with 3 damage splits. It will spawn a new Ooze with 5HP. Is that new Ooze a 5 HP max Ooze or is it an 8 HP max Ooze that starts with 3 damage on it? I was doing the later, but on rereading the card it says "Summon a normal Ooze with a hit point value equal to the summoning Ooze's current hit point value" which really sounds like the new Ooze has a lower hit point limit. This makes a difference if newly summoned Oozes can heal past their initial summoned HP or not and for the battle goal of killing an unhurt monster in a single blow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ziemer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good questions. I'd say:

1: drop it in the doorway. It isn't a wall, just an occupied hex and so far as I know, you can drop coins on obstacles or difficult terrain so why not a doorway that's closed.

2.I would say you could, you killed the enemy, though thematically, it sounds like the monster is really still alive, just has now revealed his true self.

3. I thought oozes did 2 dmg to self on split, not 3. Im pretty sure it is a normal ooze as per the stat card, with normal max health. Think of the spawning ooze as having a hp value of "6 out of 8" so the new one will have a similar value of "6 out of 8"

Hope I'm not steering you wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Rodríguez
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tibbles wrote:

1. I had a level where doors can be closed and they will deal trap damage to any figure in the doorway and move the figure to either side of the door. If a monster dies from the door, where does the coin drop? It died on the doorway, but that's now a wall, so does the coin push to either side or should it stay in the doorway?

I am not sure, but in case you're talking about Scenario 67:

The Golem cannot enter or pass through door 2.

tibbles wrote:

3. Ooze question:
Let's say an 8 max HP regular Ooze with 3 damage splits. It will spawn a new Ooze with 5HP. Is that new Ooze a 5 HP max Ooze or is it an 8 HP max Ooze that starts with 3 damage on it? I was doing the later, but on rereading the card it says "Summon a normal Ooze with a hit point value equal to the summoning Ooze's current hit point value" which really sounds like the new Ooze has a lower hit point limit. This makes a difference if newly summoned Oozes can heal past their initial summoned HP or not and for the battle goal of killing an unhurt monster in a single blow.

I think they are intended to follow the latter option (as you were doing).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Players chose where the coin goes, just like they chose where the monster goes if the door closes. Edit: Thinking about it, there is nothing in the rules that say the door can't hold a coin token, so place it on the door, just like if a flying monster dies over an obstacle.

2) If the original monster was not spawned or summoned, then it will drop a coin. The new monster will not as it is spawned.

3) That's a good question. The card is ambiguous. Isaac will have to pipe in here, I don't recall a ruling on it. Edit: But for now, I would treat it as the original stat card value since it does gain all the other abilities on the card as well, HP Max value would be among them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Course, if the coin is on the door, is it considered in LOS for looting, meaning you have to open the door to get the coin? It may be better to play it using my original thought, pick a side of the door when the door closes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked Isaac and here are his responses:

- The coin goes away, like a trap.

- The ooze has its normal max hit points

All these to the FAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tibbles von tibbleton
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
aflorin wrote:
I asked Isaac and here are his responses:

- The coin goes away, like a trap.

- The ooze has its normal max hit points

All these to the FAQ

Thanks for checking.

And as the replacement monster coin, interesting. I didn’t even think of that option, but it makes sense to count the replacement as a spawn and it also resolves the 1 coin or 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.