Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Is the TIE-Fighter is too big? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just saw the new Star Wars movie last night. You know the one, Star Wars VIII, The Last Jedi. No spoilers, but if you saw the movie then maybe you saw that scene when they talk arms dealers. Did anyone else watch the 3D table projection of weapons? There was one with the TIE-Fighter and X-Wing side-by-side. Obvious size comparison. This should end all arguments, or will it?

That being said, some people still think the earth is flat, the moon landings are faked, and Elvis is still alive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh... so you're if I show you a big picture of me and a little picture of you you'll think I'm a giant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Wait......

The earth is flat.

The lunar landings were fake.

And I had lunch with Elvis’s two days ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
flag msg tools
Make it so
badge
Captain Picard
mbmbmbmbmb
mazout2 wrote:
This should end all arguments, or will it?
Yep. Every time a new piece of evidence comes up in a long standing argument, the argument ends for good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ross
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Grand Master Cabalist
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mazout2 wrote:
I just saw the new Star Wars movie last night. You know the one, Star Wars VIII, The Last Jedi. No spoilers, but if you saw the movie then maybe you saw that scene when they talk arms dealers. Did anyone else watch the 3D table projection of weapons? There was one with the TIE-Fighter and X-Wing side-by-side. Obvious size comparison. This should end all arguments, or will it?

That being said, some people still think the earth is flat, the moon landings are faked, and Elvis is still alive.

If the earth was flat then cats would have knocked everything off of it by now.

Yeah, that was no different than pinching and squeezing an iphone photo to make it fit on the screen better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rygel wrote:

The US government really did get Stanley Kubrick to fake the moon landings.

Of course, being Kubrick, he insisted on filming on-location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
Rygel wrote:

The US government really did get Stanley Kubrick to fake the moon landings.

Of course, being Kubrick, he insisted on filming on-location.

Actually Kubrick had a serious fear of flying and therefor filmed most of his films in England. Even the vietnam parts of Full Metal Jacket. So... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Guys, I am taking about the side-by-side image and not the individual images. Most have missed it. Including members in my club.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mazout2 wrote:
Guys, I am taking about the side-by-side image and not the individual images. Most have missed it. Including members in my club.

Nobody missed it, but two images being on screen at the same time doesn't mean they're in scale with each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Fooled you!
badge
Click to edit.
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
mazout2 wrote:

Nobody missed it, but two images being on screen at the same time doesn't mean they're in scale with each other.

Pfft! That's just crazy talk!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Gonjeshk wrote:
BlackSheep wrote:
mazout2 wrote:

Pfft! That's just crazy talk!

In this case I believe they did it as a size comparison between the two because they showed them individually, then a side-by-side. The use of side-by-side is used by manufactors to show size comparisons. You see this all the in the real arms industry with tanks, aircraft, missiles, warships, and other weapon systems.

That being said, some people still think the earth is flat and the climate is not changing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mazout2 wrote:
In this case I believe they did it as a size comparison between the two because they showed them individually, then a side-by-side. The use of side-by-side is used by manufactors to show size comparisons. You see this all the in the real arms industry with tanks, aircraft, missiles, warships, and other weapon systems.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
So rather than the slicer bringing up both images at the same time to make his point during a conversation, you think the arms dealers were actively advertising that they were selling weapons to both sides?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Test Candidate (sans Deadly Neurotoxin)
badge
Warming up the deadly neurotoxin...
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on this image a TIE Fighter should be taller than a Star Destroyer

Wait, things are not always in perfect scale to each other in images? WHA?!?!?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Walker
United Kingdom
HANTS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mazout2 wrote:

Elvis isn't dead, he just went home

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Schmidt
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alixian wrote:
mazout2 wrote:

Elvis isn't dead, he just went home

And the climate is changing, it's called Spring... Happens every year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.