Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Grey Fox newsletter:

Quote:
Since 2015, players around the world have battled for glory in Champions of Midgard with friends and family. They've taken down trolls and sailed across the seas to fight epic monsters with viking warriors at their side.

Both of this year's expansions, Valhalla and Dark Mountains have gotten an amazing reception. We love creating games in this world and we'd like to introduce you to a game you'll be hearing a lot more about in 2018.... Reavers of Midgard.

Reavers of Midgard is a single worker placement game set in the Midgard universe, designed by J.B. Howell with art by Yaroslav Radeckyi. In the game, players will recruit veteran fighters, draft viking warriors, upgrade their ships and sail off to raid villages and keeps in order to bring home the spoils of battle. Oh, and don't forget about that pesky troll, who's wreaking even more havoc on the village this time.

We expect to launch Reavers of Midgard on Kickstarter sometime in the middle of 2018. We'll be releasing more details of the game here in the newsletter first, so stay tuned!

Very exciting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't they just describe Champions of Midgard? What makes it different?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe "single worker placement" means it's a solo game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
German Sanders
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Maybe it’s just one worker at a time instead of 3-5 like the normal game. I don’t know but yeah, it sounds the same

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Goldsmith
United States
St. Louis
MO
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slydog75 wrote:
Didn't they just describe Champions of Midgard? What makes it different?

Hi Adam,

Single worker placement refers to a single worker being placed. The game is still in development, but one of the core mechanics is, on their turn, a player will place that worker and then activate that space for everyone in clockwise order, often triggering a draft (of warriors, resources, battles). The game uses veteran warriors in some unique ways too that we'll be discussing in the coming weeks/months.

Thanks,
Alex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No dice rolling to complete quests in this one...right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
Espinoza wrote:
No dice rolling to complete quests in this one...right?

It wouldn't be a Midgard game without dice. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A dice placement game with this theme would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Q
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously I'm guessing here, but it sounds as though it will be very similar to Raiders of the North Sea, which is a good game IMO.

I'll probably pass due to already owning 2 great viking themed games that have very different feels to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Limit to 2 viking games? But, but, what about Blood Rage, Fire & Ace, Villaineus Vikings, Shipwrights, Explorers, Vikingjarl and all the other great ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Szwarc
Norway
Lillestrøm
flag msg tools
mb
Does anyone know if Champions of Midgard and/or its expansions (with KS exclusives ofc.) will be available as add-on to the Reavers of Midgard KS campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don’t think there’s a Reavers KS campaign. As far as I know this one is going to retail, just like Champions did originally.
Oh..it is right there in the announcement. I missed it on the first reading.
I’m not going to lie, that is disappointing. Few companies are able to keep the Kickstarter bloat under control and offer a good gameplay/value ratio.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Langdale
United Kingdom
Hull
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Instant buy for me including any expansions. I trust Grey Fox Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clvrtrvr
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m excited for this one.

I’m hoping they tweaked some of the end-game of Champions of Midgard where players seem overpowered and the thrill and increasing challenge of the early game is missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.