Jason Boyd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
I finished up my first game of the campaign last night around 1:30a. The 2 automas kicked my butt big time. I spent most of my time gaining/spending resources while trying to build new buildings in my charter and only ended up with 1 VP glory points at the end of the game while the both of the automa ended up with 4 VP glory points following adding up the reputation track.

I have the lead with end game points (numbers in purple circles) at the moment, but man they smoked me last night with VP's overall VPs and glory points. So that left me with a single point for glory to use on my Charter box/chest and they had 4 glory points each.

1.) Am I supposed to treat the automa as active and mark the automa charter boxes/chests with the 4 glory they gained or do I not mark their boxes?

2.) If I do have to mark the automa charter boxes/chests and I have more goofy rounds like this (somehow poorly manage my overall VP's again), will the automa charters become super powered?

4.) Does this balance out for all charters (including inactive ones) post campaign?

I apologize as this is a double post. Unfortunately I lost the location in the forum where I previously posted and am too ... slow.. to find it via my profile/etc.

Thanks in advance for your help!

P.s. - Automa Power Level was set to 1 as recommended for solo play.

(Edited to change the "word" from VP to glory/glory points)
(Also edited to add Automa power level text)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blackburn
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Automa do score glory, but... when you say “VP” do you mean glory?

Automa get stronger by losing, not winning. They should about keep up with human players.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Boyd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
Super Zero wrote:
Automa do score glory, but... when you say “VP” do you mean glory?

Automa get stronger by losing, not winning. They should about keep up with human players.


Yes. Sorry. I do mean glory and not VP. I had 1 glory to their 4 glory in my game last night. (not going to be the case tonight in game 2.. I'm already set up to build my next building (with game 1 to 2 carry over resources) and then plan on hammering down on those VP's to max out my end of round glory).


So do I need to fill in stars on their charter boxes with 4 glory points each or do I leave their boxes alone? I know they don't collect resources, coins, etcetera. I'm just trying to figure out what, if anything, I do with their glory points.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blackburn
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They get glory, capacity, and trophies. They need those for scoring the end of the campaign—they don’t actually use glory benefits or capacity.

Did you set the Automa strength to 1 or 2 during Game 1?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Boyd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
Super Zero wrote:
They get glory, capacity, and trophies. They need those for scoring the end of the campaign—they don’t actually use glory benefits or capacity.

Did you set the Automa strength to 1 or 2 during Game 1?


The strength was set to 1. They just kept booting each other off of charter buildings so they had several amazing rounds back to back where they didn't have to cycle both of their workers back to their source.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miranda Folland
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same situation when I played my solo campaign with 2 controlled players and 2 automa. I got whooped by the automa my first 3 games. I was getting quite discouraged. I know what you mean by them booting each other off so they continue playing while you're taking turns just getting your workers back. You can get really unlucky sometimes.

I recommend not moving the automa strength up to 2 until the 3rd or 4th game. After that it levels out better and the human player(s) can keep up, even excelling way beyond them. They caught up to me eventually and I got whooped really badly around game 10, when I had to move their strength down.

I hope you don't get too discouraged by the automa. There are mechanisms later that keep the balance.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Boyd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
Buckets wrote:
I had the same situation when I played my solo campaign with 2 controlled players and 2 automa. I got whooped by the automa my first 3 games. I was getting quite discouraged. I know what you mean by them booting each other off so they continue playing while you're taking turns just getting your workers back. You can get really unlucky sometimes.

I recommend not moving the automa strength up to 2 until the 3rd or 4th game. After that it levels out better and the human player(s) can keep up, even excelling way beyond them. They caught up to me eventually and I got whooped really badly around game 10, when I had to move their strength down.

I hope you don't get too discouraged by the automa. There are mechanisms later that keep the balance.


Thanks for the advice about automa power, Miranda. Ha.. I was just shaking my head when they pulled back to back boot cycles while I was collecting my workers. haha. I will seek my revenge on them tonight! heh-heh heh-heh devil
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.