Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Schneider
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
Possible spoilers...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Did I miss something because I did not find it necessary to go into both the Cellar AND the Attic before getting to the Parlor yet the description as to how you do it seems to suggest both are mandatory. Perhaps just color but I somehow felt I cheated ( I had enough clues from the Study and the Attic that I did not feel it necessary to go to the cellar. Did I do something wrong?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Craig
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you did.
It takes all of the clues you get in the study to advance the act to leave the study.
Once you spend clues to advance the act then those clues are gone and not available to be used for the next act.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Duke
United Kingdom
Fleet
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jackman51 wrote:
Possible spoilers...
Did I miss something because I did not find it necessary to go into both the Cellar AND the Attic before getting to the Parlor yet the description as to how you do it seems to suggest both are mandatory. Perhaps just color but I somehow felt I cheated ( I had enough clues from the Study and the Attic that I did not feel it necessary to go to the cellar. Did I do something wrong?)

To get from Act 1 to Act 2, you need to collect all the clues from the Study and then spend them, leaving you with zero clues. Then, Act 2 requires three-quarters of the available clues in the Attic and Cellar and they're split with half in each location, so you need to visit both to get enough (but you don't have to get every clue from both locations). At least, unless you have some player card that somehow allows you to get extra clues that weren't seeded to a location first, and I'm pretty sure that there are none.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Possible mistake: A number followed by a face with a hat means multiply the number by the number of Investigators you start with - remember to do that every time you see that face with a hat.

Also, Roland can only get a Clue if there is a Clue at his Location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Yasutake
United States
Bridgeport
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the first time I played I got through without going into the cellar by playing "drawn to the flame." little did I know that even that card requires you to pick up clues at your location, and not the bank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Schneider
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
Ah yes now I see the little mark next to the clue icon for both the Trapped and Barrier Act cards. Strange I recognized it when I fought the Priest at the end ( 10 health! ) but not before. Guess in part it's old farts eye and/or brain disease. Thank you for corrections and will play again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jackman51 wrote:
Ah yes now I see the little mark next to the clue icon for both the Trapped and Barrier Act cards. Strange I recognized it when I fought the Priest at the end ( 10 health! ) but not before. Guess in part it's old farts eye and/or brain disease. Thank you for corrections and will play again.

You're welcome, and more importantly...

I win!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Schneider
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
Congrats man! Were you referring to just the Core set scenarios or everything else combined?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jackman51 wrote:
Congrats man! Were you referring to just the Core set scenarios or everything else combined?

Not sure I understand the question. The little face with a hat refers to the number of Investigators that you have when you start for any Scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Schneider
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
I was just referring to the "I win!" remark assuming you meant you had won a scenario or campaign and I wanted to know which one it was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jackman51 wrote:
I was just referring to the "I win!" remark assuming you meant you had won a scenario or campaign and I wanted to know which one it was.

Nah, I treat a lot of things like games, so if my comment turned out to be the right answer, I call that a win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.