Massive Darkness» Forums » General

Subject: Solo play x4 and wow brutal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Yerton
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
having recently bought this game and understand the rules fairly well all i can say is BRUTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Yerton
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Just not seeing how people are saying this game is TOO EASY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tulsatom wrote:

It's really swingy. So it can range from cakewalk to nigh impossible.
Most of my games have fallen somewhere in the middle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghool wrote:
Tulsatom wrote:

It's really swingy. So it can range from cakewalk to nigh impossible.
Most of my games have fallen somewhere in the middle.

Not only that but the specific quest, number of players, and classes you are playing can have a huge impact on difficulty too. Quests like 2, 4 and 9 are significantly harder than say 1, 3, etc. You don't have time to build up gear and skills for the later levels, and strategies like hiding from early spawning roaming monsters don't work as well since your on a strict time limit. Likewise playing as a class with no healing on Quest 10 where you are taking unavoidable damage each round, or playing solo on quest 9 where you have to stop enemies coming from four directions can be all but impossible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
deathleech wrote:
Not only that but the specific quest, number of players, and classes you are playing can have a huge impact on difficulty too. Quests like 2, 4 and 9 are significantly harder than say 1, 3, etc. You don't have time to build up gear and skills for the later levels, and strategies like hiding from early spawning roaming monsters don't work as well since your on a strict time limit. Likewise playing as a class with no healing on Quest 10 where you are taking unavoidable damage each round, or playing solo on quest 9 where you have to stop enemies coming from four directions can be all but impossible.

I just received the game (French version) and played solo Quests 1 and 3.
I won them easily.
It could be interesting to toughen them up, say by playing Enemies at two player level (more minions or more health points) and reducing the number of treasures by one per zone...
Perhaps the more difficult quests could be nerfed by some special rule (e.g. giving four actions to the Hero)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.