Subject: Early German Defeats rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Gibson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've play FoD twice as the German, both times against different Allied players. In both games the Allies won by turn 5 by breaking through the German lines around E05, F04, running cavalry units around to the coast to create a thick line of Allied controlled hexes and therefore putting the majority of the German Army (following the classic right flank attack route) OOS.

I can't see how the German can have enough strength to ensure the Allied player can't do this while also threatening either the Channel Ports or Paris. It only takes a couple of Alled units to break through (of any strength) and virtually the entire German army comes to a halt.

Obviously I'm doing something really wrong with German strategy.

Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Keckley
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Fields of Despair - GMT P500.
mbmbmbmbmb
oskacat wrote:
In both games the Allies won by turn 5 by breaking through the German lines around E05, F04, running cavalry units around to the coast to create a thick line of Allied controlled hexes and therefore putting the majority of the German Army (following the classic right flank attack route) OOS.

Are you allowing breakout movement after turn 3? Assuming trench warfare has begun the breakouts would not be possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuseppe Tamba
Italy
Roma
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyway, against a skilled Allied player, the Germans have little chance of winning (1914 scenario and campaign game scenario). Played both twice, with different players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.