Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don’t see this posted anywhere so sorry if it is a stupid question.

What does the question “Are necessary bases available to allow units to assemble in Theater?” mean in the Phormio Commanding General Military Expedition Resolution flowchart?

Is it just referring to having you check if you have a base in a Theater that you are trying to leave?

My example is this: Athenian Phormio PS is Contested Theater (Naupactus) and he has a Military Issue to send units to the contested Theater of Naupactus, which consists of one Athenian and one Peloponnesian League naval unit and a Delian base. According to the flow chart he commits 5 strategos and since it is a naval Theater, they should be naval units if possible. This means I can send four out of my five naval units from Athens (leaving the last one in Athens) to Naupactus via Corcyra which only has one Delian League land unit in it. So back to my question, is there any stumbling block that would prevent me from doing this based upon that question in the flowchart?

Thanks,
Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BrentS
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the charts in front of me but I think this node of the decision chart is asking about bases required for restricted paths....e.g. the need for a base in Corcyra to allow land units to get to Sicily, or a base in Corinth for naval units to cross to Naupactus.

And on a side note, from your example, assuming you still have two Athenian bases in Athens, Phormio has to leave two naval units in Athens, one for each base, as per the decision chart footnote......an instruction which applies only to the city state theatres and only to Phormio (the solo player is free to empty a theatre of units if he desires).

Brent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
goshublue wrote:
I don't have the charts in front of me but I think this node of the decision chart is asking about bases required for restricted paths....e.g. the need for a base in Corcyra to allow land units to get to Sicily, or a base in Corinth for naval units to cross to Naupactus.

And on a side note, from your example, assuming you still have two Athenian bases in Athens, Phormio has to leave two naval units in Athens, one for each base, as per the decision chart footnote......an instruction which applies only to the city state theatres and only to Phormio (the solo player is free to empty a theatre of units if he desires).

Brent.

Thanks Brent, that is what I was thinking it probably was referring to.

Also, thanks for catching my other error of Phormio needing to leave one unit for each base. I had missed that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.