Subject: Compendium Painting minis? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Avelar
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the compendium for the painting guide. When they spoke about it they said the painting would be for all miniatures in the Kickstarter. Not the add-ons. Now I see that it only has the core painting minatures. Did anyone else notice this? Looking to find when they said this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Castro
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is likely you mis-remembered.

"This guide includes every miniature in the core box, except Apollo (who is Kickstarter Exclusive)." per:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/mythic-battle...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
from just skimming through, it's a nice introduction including an overview of standard techniques and the list of used colors.

So, while the step by step examples are from the core as Jorge mentioned, it's a good starter.
Besides, as probably an overall similar style is the objective anyhow, it should be in most cases rather straight forward to use the provided examples and the artwork from the boxes/cards/updates to derive similar results for the rest of the set.

Personally, I wonder if the wide range of used color brands is just because of the authors personal preference/availability, as hinted at in the book, or if from the publishers side it was also favoured to not get into marketing for a single brand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petteri Heino
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have been using the list of the paints from the book. I had to order the most of them from abroad, but i have been enjoying painting with many brands i have not been using before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerrod Warr
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Related side note, what is the final count of all the minis if you got everything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Avelar
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found it and must have misread it. After looking at it, I am really excited. The scenarios are pretty cool too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sammy
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mercopparis wrote:
Related side note, what is the final count of all the minis if you got everything?

Very quick count of 194 - 196 if you say the Graeae are 3 minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.